CEB Press Controller v19.01
Product 2019. Compare to 2011 work and see CEB Press Controller Genealogy:
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. - Leonardo Da Vinci.
Current direction is simplifying the controller: getting rid of the dedicated control board and using an Arduino shield. This simplifies build immensely, and allows full build with off-the-shelf parts, no custom boards. That is good for replicability worldwide.
Looking back at dedicated boards - why should we be using custom boards when simple Arduino shields can do? Why did we go there in the first place? Maybe there were no relay shields back in 2010?
We could do solid state relays, but at our use case the simple relay should do near 1 M bricks, or 200 Seed Eco-Homes.
- Building upon 2017 work - CEB Press Controller Code v17.08 -
Video With Test Code Running Solenoids
See last comment
Brick Pressing Rate Calculations
- See Brick_Pressing_Rate_Calculations from 2009
- CEB Press Genealogy - for code genealogy
- Useful Design Document - 2017. Includes pressing sequence. . Learnings - need to simplify interface.
- Pressing sequence - 
- Ian Marcus code diagram - 
- James Slade 2013 doc - useful for solenoid (non-mosfet) switching design - 
- BOM - 
- 2 Potentiometers included 2014- 
- 2014 edition