(note: flails are not stiff, they will be 1/4" chain with a 3" piece of rebar welded at the end)
- Flails consist of a chain, not shown
- Different rotors and flails are interchangeable
- A 3rd bearing can be added in the middle
- Guards are not shown above
- Height control via 2 wheels, lifted by hydraulic cylinder
- Wheels are on idlers, made from 2 1-7/8" bearings and donut car wheels
- Modular tubing
- Draw bar has a ball hitch, so this can be pulled by a truck or tractor
- 10' wide, 8' working width
- Depth of cut down to -6"
- Structure can be used for other implements, such as Keyline Plow
- Hydraulic cylinders can serve as a pressure release in keyline plowing
- Platform can be used to carry up to 3 totes for watering, 250 gallons each.
- Box blade for hilling is intended to go behind this
- Plates can be attached anywhere
- Double set of tubes acts as connection point for cylinder as well as for the pivot of the raisable wheel set
- Platform is welded, with all components bolted to it
- Clamp-on tine sets allow easy interchage of different tine sets
- Clamp-on is made from 1/4"x2" angle, with 3" welded wings
- Wheels have a 1-7/8" bearings on each side, and thus serve in as free-spinning idles. Wheel is modular, usable in other configurations - from trailer to a tamping wheel for a keyline plow.
- 96 flails, each offset by 1" and spiraling around shaft
See slide 7 for chain flail design: