GVCS Bid Proposal
Bidding is part of our GVCS Parallel Development Strategy. The GVCS Resource Development Strategy involves the goal of $2.4M raised by year-end 2012, which will be disbursed as it becomes available to Subject Matter Experts doing the actual development work. The process for disbursement involves this GVCS Bid Proposal - which should be solicited from 3 sources. These bids are reviewed by the Technical Review Team, which makes unanimous decisions on the best bidder. The Bid Proposal should be filled out to make a compelling case to the Technical Review Team, with as much supporting information as possible to make a compelling case. Bidders should follow OSE Specifications as much as possible - focusing on lifetime design, modularity, design-for-disassembly, desing-for-manufacturability with a basic Open Source Fab Lab. Bidders are expected to work with a corresponding Project Manager (see Project Manager Duties) on their project, and disbursement shall occur as decided mutually between the Technical Review Team. Bidders must also allow for the presence of a video and documentation team during any part of the development process. Upon acceptance of the bid, a contract is drawn up.
- Deliverable Abstract - product developed
- Conceptual design, diagrams, performance calculations, and performance specifications drawn up.
- Summary of industry standards and best practices related to the project.
- Design rationale documented. Design rationale explains what choices were made why they were made for a particular instantiation of a given technology.
- OSE Specification Analysis
- CAD design relevant to a given project; Design follows: lifetime-design, design-for-modularity, design-for-disassembly (for repairability and packaging purposes), design-for-manufacturability (using stock components and easiest techniques), design for manual assembly
- CAM or Fabricaition Drawings
- Fabrication / Prototyping plan
- Project Budget proposed - broked intomaterials, equipment, facilities, project fee
- Bill of Materials. This is a complete list of parts and their costs, or their best approximation
- Proposed Timeline - please discuss your timeline and availability, from the point that funding is secured
- FMEA - Failure Mode Effects Analysis. This is an analysis that examines possible failure modes of a design, and how they affect the outcome of the development project. Such analysis may abort a development path and suggest an alternative for overall design or component design. Thiis involves not only design - but should also include analysis of cost overruns (if these are allowed), and analysis of possible schedule overruns.
- Prototype testing procedure defined. This refers to field testing under real conditions, to examine not only machine functionality but also adaptability of different machines to particular working conditions.