Gas-Liquid Contactor

From Open Source Ecology
Jump to: navigation, search


  • A type of device which is used to make Gass(es) and liquid(s) contact eachother with high surface area, and other required conditions
  • Used for Wet Scrubbers as well as Industrial Chemical Processes

Main Types

Packed Column

  • Essentially a collum filled with some sort of material to provide surface area
  • Can be a via a Structured Column Packing or via Random Column Packing depending on the needs of the application
  • To a certain degree sand or gravel filters are random packed collumns

Bubble Column

Plate Column

Spray Tower

  • Uses mist/spray nozzles
  • Ultrasonic/Thermal Fog based systems also fit in this category

See Also

Useful Links