- The Process of Converting Solid Combustable Materials into Carbon Monoxide , Hydrogen and Carbon Dioxide via partial oxidation
- Assuming a "pure" feedstock, it should only produce the gasses (Some ash may be produced from impurities in the charcoal, gasification of Biomass / RDF will produce ash)
- Can be as simple as a Rocket Stove , or as complex as a grid scale Fluidized Bed Gassifier
- Gasifier Burner
- Open Source Fluidized Bed Gassifier
- Plasma Gasification
- Entrained Flow Gasification
- The Wikipedia Page on Gasification
- The NETL page on "DOE GASIFICATION SYSTEMS PROGRAM AND BENEFITS"
- The NETL page on "MAJOR GASIFICATION SOLID BYPRODUCTS"
- BTG's "Two Stage Gasification" (seems to just be gasification, and tar/lpg etc cracking to syngas?) (need to see if the "char combustor" is a gasifier burner or just a combustor as in "coal fired furnace" type thing? )
- Need to check The Wayback Machine ; this page may have changed since this original link's posting