From Open Source Ecology
- Also known as "Multi-Dwelling Unit or MDU", Multi-Family Housing, or most descriptevely (yet less concise) "Multi-Group Housing/Residential Building/Complex"
- Essentially rather than having 10 homes, you have a building that can house those people, to the same level of comfort* as those houses
- Saves space, allows for a stronger sense of community, and makes larger ammenities such as Swimming Pools etc more economic
- Granted social acceptance varies, as well as what form this takes
- IE Soviet Block Era Housing/USA "The Projects" style monolithic cement skyscrapers vs Modern Planned University Dorms
- If OBI is to persue this, not having the "smaller apartment vs giant suburb house" arguement be relevent, due to considering this in design, should be a goal