Hydraulics 101 loRes from Open Source Ecology on Vimeo.
Not covered -
- Power Beyond Sleeve
- Hydraulic Calculator
Presenting first at the Open Source Microfactory STEAM Camp:
Hydraulics 101 – Basic design of hydraulic power systems. Analogy to water, air, and electrical circuits. Basic circuits, safety. Applications – hydraulic motors are the most torque and power dense motion component known to human kind. They are also the lowest cost method of attaining such motion. We may want to use a hydraulic motor if we are building a large CNC mill, drill, or lathe – or if we want to drive a material shredder or a tractor without any geardown.
See examples Hydraulic Connection Diagram Standards
- Large Wheel Motor - 
- PTO Motor -  - 9 cu in - 7.4" long - 2800 in lb
- PTO Motor -  - 6 cu in, 6.6" long - 1700 in lb
- Valve - double-acting, cylinder - . Note that the valves have dimensions on them such as this so we can design mounting plates for them.
- Valve - double-acting, motor - 
- Cushion Valve - 
- Flow Control Valve - 
- Cylinder - 
- Hose - 
- Excellent history on history channel - 
- Fluid Power Basics - good ebook from Hydraulics-Pneumatics - 
- OSE Machine Design Guide
- [OSE Design Guide]] - more general
- Source template - OSE Manual Template