- This page goes over the various oils that can be used for a Wick based Oil Lamp
- Mainly the difference between Kerosene and Paraffin Lamp Oil
- Also will discuss the viability of using Plant Oils and Pyrolysis Oil directly
- Also performance comparisons to Gas Mantle Lanterns using similar liquid fuels
- The Wikipedia Page on Kerosene
- The Wikipedia Page on Oil Lamps (Covers historical usage of animal fat, plant oils)
- A Page by the "United States Lighthouse Society" Titled "Lamp Glossary of Terms"
- Excerpts from Various Sources Around the Time Oil Lamps were Adopted (Even mention whale oil, wild how that was a thing that happened) (supposedly something resembling Canola Oil worked fine, so this seems promising)