LifeTrac Gear Module
OSE Technology Pattern Language
White paper forthcoming.
10 minute design rational for Gear Module, discussion with Rahul Dhinakaran
Design Conditions of Satisfaction
- Uses exising Quick Connect Wheel rotor - its shaft output.
- Geardown module is CNC cut from 1/2" steel sheet
- Notches are made such that the structure can be assembled only one way
- Mechanism for quick disassembly is included
- Mechanism for tensioning the chain drive is included
- Enclosure allows easy replacement of parts
- Quick attachment of wheel onto the output shaft of geardown module is possible
- Wheel is secured via a keyway
- Input shaft is 1-7/8" thick, output shaft is 3" thick
- Standard cold rolled shaft is used
- Mechanism for retaining axial thrust is included
- Geometry must line up for the connection to Quick Attach Wheel
- Guards protect any exposed chains/sprockets for safety
- Method of coupling to existing Quick Connect Wheel must be used - via chain drive - while considering geometry of frame a drive components
- Quick Connect Wheel and Geardown units must be sufficiently stable to maintain chain tension. Tightening mechanism must lock in place.
- Reference must be provided to verify existence of off-shelf parts
- 100 Pitch Chain must be used.
- Concept must show approximate dimensions (+/- 2") of the geardown structure
- Geardown unit must be no more than 250 lbs in weight
LifeTrac Existing Design
- LifeTrac - LifeTrac_III frame documentation
- Quick Connect Wheels - shows dimensions
Sample Work Contract