Microfactory Boot Camp - Open Source Plastic Recycling Infrastructure
This session discusses the open source tool chain for recycling plastics. See the links to the machines at Plastic_Recycling_to_produce_3D_Printing_Filament_Using_an_Open_Source_Toolchain
- 0:48 - Why do we care about plastic recycling?
- 5:14 - HardwareX publication of the Recyclebot
- 6:04 - Recycled 3D printer filament cost is 2.5 cents per kilogram to produce it from waste feedstocks using the open source Recyclebot filament maker.
- 8:16 - The biggest challenge to recycling plastic is that you can only do it about 5 times.
- 10:25 - The 4 open source machines available for open source plastic recycling.
- 13:55 - Precious Plastic Shredder - features open source files available for CNC cutting at a fab shop.
- 16:53 - Precious Plastic Extruder
- 23:00 - Recycling rubber is possible. Thermoplastic urethane is a common plastic that can be recycled - for 3D printing rubber tracks for our tractors.