Microfactory Marketing Strategy
Product line is 3DP, CNC Circuit Mill, Small Laser, Filament Maker + Grinder to start recycling stations in each school and to make useful products.
- Start chapters, run workshops.
- First workshop, College Chapter leader learns
- Monthly chapter meeting. Build every other month.
- Second workshop, chapter leader co-leads with OSE
- Commit to running collaborative, broad-scale Extreme Design events, collaborating with the Open Source Microfactory Challenges
- Monthly events at a minimum of 6 locations, building to hundreds of simultaneuous event days every month.
- Chapters collaborate on product development.
- Products are added to the Open Source Everything Store
- Metal filament formulas or others are a good entry point, or other rapid prototyping events where products are then shipped to one location for synthesis
- Students are encouraged to run events, and fund future development with workshop revenue
- 2 day workshop, 5 hour each day, during school hours
- Second day is teaching design and use of product, and rapid prototyping of machines
- Free workshops for learning - 3DP, scale models with laser, etc.
- Paid if anyone wants to take machines home.
- Chapters help organize a yearly lecture + workshop for key OSE staff
- University lecture can also be a kickoff of a club
- Go through a list of universities and potentially interested organizations
- Collaborate with OSE community who are university students
- Day after the conference, there's a build.
- Collaborate with conference organizers