November 2008 Funding Page
If you do not like PayPal, here are other donation options.
Total collected: $2032
- Last donation on Nov. 30
Collection period for November goes until the end of November. Here are other Wanted Items that we need for our work.
We are currently running 3 parallel projects of the Global Village Construction Set. Active projects are those projects that have a Project Manager. If you would like to be a project manager for one of our projects, please contact us.
- CEB Press - the funding button at the top of this page goes to the CEB Press project, which is currently the project closest to Product Release.
- You may fund the Solar Turbine and Sawmill projects here.
- Solar Turbine project - total collected - $192. Last donation on Nov. 27, 2008
- Sawmill - total collected - $96 as of Nov. 26. Initial sawmill budget is contained under the CEB project funding at present. See blog for details. Any funding that goes directly to the Sawmill project will be utilized in Sawmill project phases beginnning on Dec. 1, 2008.
Why Should You Support Us?
- You may have seen the overview of our work at Appropedia.
- You may have seen our documentation of progress at Factor e Farm - Factor e Live
- Here are notes on the Economic Impact of OpenFarmTech.
- You have seen the 6 month development program from our blog:
- The bottom line is that this will happen with your contributions:
- And here is what will happen without your support:
- The greater program is building the world's first replicable post-industrial village - see presentation. The program is marked by community supported agroecology, community supported manufacturing, neocommercialization, digital fabrication, and high quality documentation of all the above. Our first complete product development cycle is the CEB_Press - to be open-sourced fully by mid-2009, including fabrication capacity of up to 4 machines per week. All funds go back to further open source development.
We are currently (9.23.08) recruiting 4 people to help with the CEB construction phase. If you'd like to participate or if you have suggestions, please contact us.
Update 9.24.08 - Robert Todd will be joining us tonight. It looks like Alex Rollin will be joining us here next week.
Need 2 more people. Contact us.
Why You Should Really Support Us
Our overall vision is deeper. We aim to develop a rigorous technique for Crowdsource Research, and a funding method for supporting world-class open source product development - as a viable alternative to corporate R&D. We're trying to go directly to the people for funding - for benefiting people directly. Imagine a veritable product development pipeline - for a decentralized, post-industrial system of production. We are interested in distributive economics - where wealth is distibuted freely because the enabling information is free- and local feedstocks provide the materials for economies of abundance. This is a scenario that blends ancient wisdoms with modern technology - for unprecedented prosperity on a small scale, in these times of great change.