OSE Collaborative Literacy
To have collaborative economic literacy is to: Open-source critical technologies and underlying business models of production, in order to disseminate enterprise widely (Distributive Enterprise) - in order to create prosperity. Ie, unleash massive amounts of human potential by open source tools and productivity know-how. The critical assumption is that the technical know-how required for achieving unleashed productivity is not open source - whereas many people think it is - and thus do not value the concept of Distributive Enterprise. This lack of valuing of Distributive Enterprise is the hallmark of collaborative il-literacy. Access to capital is not seen as a block, as it is ideas that run the world, and crowd funding + crowd sourcing can be tapped in the digital age. But the block is finding a team to engage in the development of distributive enterprise, as current economic wisdom says that to make it you need to protect your know-how.
In practice - OSE believes that a single, high value (billions of dollars annually) enterprise - which can be taught and disseminated widely - and which relies on 100% open source collaborative literacy (including sharing of derivative knowhow) is sufficient to spawn an economic transformation of current enterprise towards open source. This has not yet been demonstrated in the history of humanity, and time is ripe for this to happen. It may take a minimum of $1M of focused development to make this happen, using crowd-based design with collaborative literacy.
A single first such enterprise can be sufficient to spawn a paradign of further Distributive Enterprises based on the same distributive practices:
- make all information open for a product and and enterprise around that product. Product + enterprise are open source
- Ample documentation and teaching materials for the enterprise are available and are open source
- there is a training mechanism for people replicating the enterprise if people want an immersion crash course
See more of the practical aspects at Collaborative_Literacy
To understand the wiki, go to the Dev Log and understand the Critical Path and OSE Priorities, which are all based on the long term 20 year Roadmap for developing a minimum, sufficient construction set for all human technology. Official, current, and active projects are reflected on the Dev Log. The main allied project is the Open Building Institute, which is an implementation of many OSE tools in house building. The Open Source Microfactory is the main product of OSE, outside of specific point technologies.
High Level Descriptipion
Global collaboration towards mass creation of right livelihoods relies on a cultural literacy consistent with the core goals of OSE. Those goals are stated most succinctly under the heading of Collaborative Literacy.
- for the technical tools, the tools exist and can be simple. No fancy platform is needed as much as a cultural understanding of how the collaborative process works. Key concepts include general semantics, time binding, and economic time binding - towards realization of mass creation of right livelihoods, meaning Deep Nonviolence. The Deep Nonviolence concept must be understood clearly to inspire.
- The bottom line is that the OSE cultural literacy can be taught. It is an operating system of principles - once understood - which lead to a convergent, 'degenerate solution'
- if cultural literacy can be taught, then the technical tools will fall into place by various contributors.
- The gate is a commit mechanism - but the development can happen when specifications and requirements are known.
- specifications and requirements can be derived by corollary and inference and directive from the philosophy and most general principles. The trick lies in the keenness of applying general principles to design specifications and requirements.
- A Process Manager needs to understand the culture before becoming a process manager.
- Therefore, the leader's paramount activity needs to be teaching the culture
- Culture is teachable best via practice and dogfooding - hence the deep level of lifestyle integration at OSE
Thus, the practical process for teaching Collaborative literacy must center on guidelines and principles - a depth of principles - and those individuals who can understand these and who are capable will self-identify. The critical part is establishing the focus required to make this happen. Some process guidelines are:
- focus on an essential tool ecology, integrated framework, and simple tools for implementation.
- Start with 'Design rationale' and the culture behind the thought process.
- start with the mental model behind transformation
- connect that to the current global economy in a fundamental way. See the underlying pattern
- be hard core, but not fundamentalist. There is a difference between the 2. The former relies on using integrated GRaT principles, whereas fundamentalism relies on a disintegrated viewpoint, not holistic.