OSE Production Manager
OSE currently has 6 machines nearing product release status, including tractor, power cube, soil pulverizer, CEB press, CNC torch table, and 3D printer. These may currently be deployed with early adopters who fund refinements - in the form of risk-shared pilot projects. We are looking for Production Managers to handle pilot project buildouts as a means to refining OSE production capacity. This is our intended means to self-sustaining enterprises based on collaborative, ethical production.
- Posted June 8, 2013
- Seeking up to 12 candidates
- 40 hour per week commitment required
- Unique partnership opportunity as an ethical lifestyle investor, not employment.
- Includes possibility of non-voting equity stake where OSE is the majority owner.
- Requires 2 week Rapid Prototyping Crash Training program in hands-on fabrication skills
- Developing, equipping, and managing a production and prototyping workshop
- Managing production runs of heavy equipment, precision machines, CNC equipment, and electronics
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to write and pitch business plans
- Unique opportunity for a risk-shared, venture philanthropy-funded engagement; $4k/month guaranteed seed money for the first 3 months, with payment thereafter of 50% of net earnings - up to $60k/year without benefits
- Send your resume, Video of Interest, and 3 references
- Writing a business plan is the application requirement - based on a discussion of applicant's interests.
- Candidate needs to demonstrate proficiency in organizational skills and community management by developing a design for a select open source fabrication machine via Design Sprints
OSE believes strongly that life experiences and abilities may not necessarily match up with on-paper credentials. The following is a list of our preferred qualifications, however, we are flexible depending on the individual candidate's fit with our organization and their respective role.
- Project Management
- Production management
- CAD and CAM experience
- Fabrication and Machining experience
- Part sourcing and supply chain development
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Alignment with collaborative, open culture