Rapid Prototyping Crash Training
Under Development as of 6.1.13
2 Week Crash Course Covering
- Rob -
- OSE's LifeTrac Construction Set design paradigm.
- How to Document
- Spreadsheet of Critical Concept Items
- Spreadsheet of Technical Development Items
- Script to convert Spreadsheet input to wiki-embeddable display of windows. See Documentation Platform Criteria.
- Curated packages uploaded to Github, with Howto file linking to relevant wiki pages
- Sketchup CAD design and generation of 3D printing and DXF cutting files.
- Start with Sketchup Cube Test (Sketchup Lesson 1), then Sketchup Lesson 2, then Sketchup Lesson 3 and practical exercise with Sketchup Tractor Construction Set Stock Parts.
- Culminating with Tractor Construction Set Gamification Specification for Massive Parallel Design capacity for youth. Linda Abrams + Keith Boesky.
- Crash academy in generation of animations going from Sketchup to Blender animations - Piotr Lugowski
- Crash course in Instructionals generation starting with Script, Khan-Academy Style Instructionals, and Popcorn Maker upgrade.
- Crash course in Documentation by posting a Concept Design and Technical Design page for a given project on the wiki
- Manual plasma cutting
- TIG and MIG welding
- Acetylene torch cutting
- Mag drilling
- Ironworker machine operation
- Power Cube operation
- LifeTrac Operation.
- Building a CNC controller for the brick press via a CNC Circuit Mill starting from raw schematic files
- Crash course in open source/free toolchain for circuits - define it
- Operating the CNC torch table starting from the design of a custom part.
- Operating HydraFabber to produce a 3D print of a piece of 3/8" tubing starting from scratch, and to cut a 3/8" piece of tubing from card stock using diode laser cutter
- Building a CNC circuit mill from scratch
- Building a CNC 4-stepper motor controller of 1-5A capacity from scratch using RAMPS system
- Operating the manual lathe and mill
- Starting a LifeTrac seeded with several failure modes that the student is required to identify and correct prior to starting the tractor
- Starting up a MIG welder to weld 1/2" steel from a starting point of setup, including gas, wire feed, proper gas feed, and correct power settings
- build on Fab Academy Course
It may be a nice for you to hold occasional educational sessions. You could turn your hydraulics, modular design, welding, etc. classes into a sort of boot camp people would pay to attend. Many years ago I went to a really great 3 week production workshop in Madrid that included talks, discussion groups and hands-on development - that might be a good model if want to do that sort of thing. But I'd say this is not a priority for you now, unless you really want the revenue.