This page is a stub and could use more content. You can help OSE Wiki by expanding it! :)
Being able to live Off-grid is one of the Core messages to build a Village Project.
This means (1) Living outside "the system" of conventional society, such as by not using an identity document or Social Security number, (2) living in a self-sufficient manner without reliance on one or more public utilities.
- collect rain water - all you need are (non corroding) water barrels
- be responsible about the grey water: collect it and filter or clean it by plants (sewage treatment) - usable for shower, garden and if boiled for drinking also.
- make a list of all the things you like to eat, yummie :)
- imagine where they come originally, how they have been fabricated, packaged and transported to this place
- figure out alternative ways to gain them locally
- or at best replace them by local seasonal food from your own farm - let's start to collect the seeds for the next growing season!
Off-the-grid homes are autonomous; they do not rely on municipal water supply, sewer, natural gas, electrical power grid, or similar utility services. A true off-grid house is able to operate completely independently.
- A Universal Power Supply forms the backbone of an off-grid electrical system.
- Store energy: Impact of battery characteristics on off grid system cost
- reduce energy consumption - get a clear picture of main consumers (need a ammeter to record power consumption)
- buildup a windfarm on roofs or in the plain - vertical axes turbines (savonius rotor)
- excessively use earth batteries for small consumers
- construct a Methane Digester to use biogas for warming, cooking. a pile of wood chips heats water up to 70 degC
- off-grid.net - free yourself
- 10 Tips For Successfully Living Off The Grid