Operations are the activities carried out (business processes) in the overall delivery of products to customers - from product ideation to customer feedback/improvement. That main part of operations is the day-to-day of task lists and procedures for delivering a product.
In terms of replicating an enterprise - the critical enabling asset is an Operations Manual. This is a handbook that outlies tried and true methods that lead to success. Along the lines of establishing feedback loops for product improvement and developer retention, the Operations Manual should always have a release copy, and a development copy. As soon as a build starts, all collaborators need to be made aware of the Working Copy, so everyone can contribute to it.
Flow charts are a useful way to represent business processes. The more clearly a business process is defined, the more it can be automated.
At the essence, the Operations Manual is a specific and focused product that helps others avoid trial and error, and can thus lead to transformation through collaborative, open franchise development.
See also Operations Manager
- Sunny, Lonny, Renee, Gerard, Gerry - advisory boards; Renee, Craig, Tom Rielly, Tim OReilly, Chris Anderson, Isaiah
- David - messaging refinement in announcement
- Emily - messaging consistency; recruting from film set director circles
- Renee - review and passing on to contacts
- Stephanie - role description review
- Claire - contract negotiation
- Dan - contract negotiation, operational aspects
- Catarina - recruiting assistance in OSH circles
- Isaiah - recruiting assistance
- Karien - contract writing and review
- Kavitha - assistant
- Marcin - contract fulfillment
- Bill Carrier - recruiting ex Army Corps of Engineers
- Gerry Ohrstrom - SupporTED, interested in lending a hand.
- Donna Karlin - social networks to pass through
- Sunny Bates - passing it on
- Adrian Hong - advisor
- Professional headhunters - Chris Traub
- Kansas City - SCORE and
- Lesa Mitchell - KC contacts
- Colby Thomson
- Angel Rodriguez
- Top 100 Design Projects
- Tom Rielly
- OSH projects directory
- Catarina -> Nathan -> Dustyn -> Max Whitney
- Carl - Sparkling Science
*What is the bait.
- Brings in experience in performance management of performance and projects - in ag or production or construction
- COO is focused on ops - what gets done in a business
- Ask David to help script introduction - part of Free Marcin Campaign
- 50% of my time is released
- COO manages performance and projects
- Demonstrated exprience in it
- My narrative, followed by job
- Where do these people dwell?
- Post a recruiting message for peers - TF, KS, Campaign Monitor
- WHere do I go fishing
- See past work at Operations Manual