Quality Assurance check
The point of the QA check for Open Source Ecology is to provide not only important feedback on the build of our current design, it is also for any future problems that you may foresee in the designs themselves. Below we have written a few question to get you started in the process. This is by no means a full encompassing quality gate, please include as much detail as you like. We would like to ensure our current designs are going to “fit” and be built as planned. We would also like feedback on the future of the platform that we are building. If you think the something in our current build will cause a failure or problems in the future, please voice those concerns as well. To be proactive in solution, please download the file of interest - and make your modifications in the Sketchup - and upload a new version while stating what improvements you made.
1. Joints fit correctly?
2. Are pre-assembled dimensions correct (if any provided)? Are the holes all the correct size? Are the tubes the proper length? Is the area wide enough? Will it fit? Are their clearance issues?
3. Are assembled dimensions correct (if any provided)? Are the holes all the correct size? Are the tubes the proper length? Is the area wide enough? Will it fit? Are their clearance issues?
4. Does the product look complete? i.e. does it appear to function as intended?
5. Do the hydraulics incorporate the correct fittings? Are the proper amount of connections in place in relation to the valves, motors and pumps present? Do the lines pinch or bend anywhere? Does the model make sense functionally?
6. Does the sketch up model represent the proper scale of what is being made?
7. Are things balanced, inline? Do parts line up?
8. Are all parts clearly defined? Can you tell one part from another?
9. Are any parts redundant on the drawing?
10. If there are more than one of the same parts on the drawing, are they really the same? (meaning check the holes, the alignment, the connections, bolts sizes... if they are supposed to be identical parts, ensure they are identical in every way.