These are the technical milestones required for the smooth operation of a Village Campus by 2028. These milestones refer to industrial performance necessary to both produce industrial productivity on a small scale - meet strict quality control standards - and harmonize with lifecycle stewardship that leads to regenerative development and afforestation.
- 100 micron accuracy, precision, and repeatability of 3D printing features in plastic, or about the limit of human eyesight.
- RAMPS-based heavy duty machining with 1000 lb of force. See Machining Forces.
- Heavy duty cubic plastic-steel-concrete composite frames for 1000lb force and 10 micron deflection.
- Stepper motors with infinite geardown producing 1000 lb force and
- $1000/day (5 ton) solar concrete production from 200kW array. Feasibility study of small scale solar cement production.
- MIG casting feasibility for 100 micron accurate parts
- 200 lb/hour steel 3" round ingot production for 8' lengths at 10 cent per lb cost ($20 cost, or 200kWhr with off-grid PV for $2 in energy and $18 in labor for 10 minutes of attendance time )
- Feasibility of steel hot rolling of the 8" ingots to 1x8, 1/2x16, 1/4x32, and 1/8x64 sheet.
- Feasibility of 3D print-to-metal Desktop Foundry with ZA alloys for small aluminum and low T melting parts up to 10 lb.
- Feasibility of MIM pellet filament production
- Feasibility of rubber tire production at 20lb/day rates per extruder, and 100 lb/day per machines
- 100 lb force plastic/steel/concrete composite frames for small milling and torch table.
- Feasibility of nonviolence paper via lifecycle stewardship in production. Includes feasibility study on PV, hydrogen, plastic, concrete, steel, and ceramic.
- $10,000 revenue per day, 200kW, family business PV facility. Produces 30kW/day - or 120 panels per day. 5 per hour.
- Validate Solar Cement Calculations of 5 tons/day for 200kW array
- Can MIG Casting convert 3D printed parts to steel and aluminum with sub 1 mm resolution?
- Can a 100kW induction furnace be built for $5k for the power electronics, cooling, and heating coil? Crucible is included.
- Can cutting gas oxyhydrogen be produced at a cost of $500 per 10kW?
- Can a welder power supply for MIG be built for $100 for 10kW?
- Can a 100kW induction furnace produce 2500 lb of 3" ingot feedstock per day?