Seed Eco-Home Materials Cost Reduction
- 1 Solar Concrete + 3D Printing + CEB
- 2 R&D Investment into 3D Printing Plastic Recycling
- 3 Links
Solar Concrete + 3D Printing + CEB
How to integrate 'scalable' = market rate with ghetto, where ghetto is not market rate? Ghetto needs to be brought up to economic power that the community value increases. That can include training the local community. Perfect place for hardscape via Solar Concrete, and 3D printing for vinyl siding, geogrid, plumbing, nonstructural lumber, gutter, roofing, and more. Work with us in low cost hoods, at $30k houses. To get there, we need a detailed cost analysis of trash + Solar Concrete + CEB. This must be sold. $2M investment - master's students or engineers to develop: $5k CEBs (walls cost half as much), $20.5k 3DP ($5k siding, $3k nonstructural wood including 30 interior wall modules, $1k electrical, $1k plumbing, $2k doors, -1k windows, $3k trim, $1k perv pave driveway, $1k Ballast PV Mounting roof mount -$1k for OSB, Carport OSB - $500. Trusses - $2k (steel). $29.5k. Landscaping hardscape: -$2k. Exactly 50% less cost.
Total $23k for these relatively low hanging fruit materials:
- -$2k gravel
- -$200 roof ballast
- -$2k concrete
- -$2k hardscape/driveway
- -$3k walls structure
3D Printing - Wood-Plastic Lumber Composite and Components - $24.9k
Phases - Low Hanging Fruit - $10.6k Savings
- -$2k lumber blocking
- -$3k nonstructural infill of excess framing
- -$1k interior wall modules - are all non-load bearing and can be substituted immediately
- -$3265 in trim 
- Geogrid - $472 
- Geotextile - $250 actual 
- -$500 PV mounting. Plastic-metal composite - rebar with 3D printed shell
- -$100 for sewer tap
Minimal Research Needed - $3k Savings
- -$500 plumbing
- -$500 electrical conduit
- -$500 - landscaping block
- -$1k - pervious pavement for driveway. See Pervious Pavement Blocks, which are $5k per house.
- -$500 rest of electrical (boxes, mounts, other fittings)
Heavier Research Needed - $11k Savings
- -$1k interior insulation
- -$3k vinyl siding
- -4k - windows. Requires gas filling, but argon is not much better than dry air .
- -3 k - Doors
R&D Investment into 3D Printing Plastic Recycling
Note the infrastructure requirements:
- Off-shelf shredder - $20k
- Off-shelf filament maker - $30k -
- 12 4-head printers @$4k each, high T chamber @20 lb/day/head = 960 lb/day capacity - $48k.
- MVP: smaller printer, $2k - $24k
- 4 engineers and 4 builders for 1 year cost = $800k staff. See R&D Budgets of 3D Printing Companies. ROI of ~$25k/house=$1Mk/year at the 24 person operation assuming 50 houses/yr.