Seed Home 2 Marketing Strategy
Product Ecology and Audiences
This is a chance to promote a wide range of products to different audiences:
- OSE Mentorship - long-term transition into movement entrepreneurship with Open Source Ecology
- Seed Home 2 proper - individuals who want an affordable, quality home
- Enterprise Track -
- Tech School Track - teaching Seed Home Builders in construction, general contracting, open source architecture, and more, closing the divide between mass production and production by the masses (craft production). We are solving the Second Industrial Divide
Product ecology graphic:
- Team up with someone else who is already solving a problem, such as Tony Robbins, so we add solving housing
- Tom's Shoes of housing
Specific Contacts in our Fold
- All well-known people who wrote about us in books should be consulted to see if they are interested in publishing more about us - Jeremy Rifkin, Kate Raworth, Juliet Schor. See Publications.
- Reach out to other relevant authors - Alvin Toffler, and any other authors in the space of digital fabrication, housing, solving pressing world issues.
- Appear on Eco-Home Podcasts -  and Green Building Podcasts
In OSE's work, we are selling hope and inspiration, and producing meaning.
This means that our message is Collaborative Design as in the OSE Vision - that we are creating a new world together.
This eliminates the liability that a company puts itself under: we are not providing raw product, we are facilitating the creation of a product. This puts the collaborators in the driver's seat. They get a chance to create with a community of people who are called out to create. There is no superhero (OSE) doing the work - OSE only provides the framework. That is plenty of value created by OSE - but OSE understands that the actual product must be the due diligence of many people. The tasks to be done are mostly a bunch of proven ideas. There is some innovation - on efficient workflow, inspection schedule, DIY-stash-your-panels model of incremental housing.
The program succeeds because we are taking production to a new level. We take it from pure capitalism to open source collaboration. And that has meaning, and can be sold as something of high value. By the way, people also get a house out of the deal.
In fact, China surpassing the USA as the new superpower - or any international power imbalance - can be addressed only by open source production as wealth and productivity is distributed readily among the populace. With open source microfactories producing homes, cars, renewable energy system, appliances, and spaceships - the power imbalance of the first and third and the fourth worlds comes to an end.
When approaching the collaborators, we are selling the vision of collaborative design, not selling homes. We are selling transformation of the economic system towards business models not based on scarcity, and the resolution of Pressing World Issues. But we are saying that this will not be easy: it's not handed to people on a platter - the people must do the work.