"Jokes?" he asked. "Let's hear one." "Why is a laser beam like a goldfish?" Mike knew about lasers but where would he have seen goldfish? Oh, he had undoubtedly seen flicks of them and, were I foolish enough to ask, could spew forth thousands of words. "I give up." His lights rippled. "Because neither one can whistle."
34/F/USA Amateur open source enthusiast. I'm very much a generalist studying a wide range of disciplines. I believe this is important work. The existence of this project in my college years is one that definitely had an influence on how I see the possibilities. That and Isaac Asimov's Foundation. I am happy to now be assisting with it. I hope that via helping with documentation, I learn this project in depth.
I currently cannot particularly make any commitments of development time until I complete other projects. Time permitting I am working on the wiki.
Past Projects for OSE
Pen Plotter documentation https://wiki.opensourceecology.org/wiki/Generating_G_Code_for_the_D3D_Universal_Plotter_with_Open_Source_Software
OSE developer for several months; enthusiastic user of OSE Linux 2
- My education is in Technical Communication and Information Design. 10 years experience. I have some Instructional Design background as well. Currently work in marketing (3 years experience).
- Philosophically inclined towards continuous education and improving oneself holistically as a person; believing in the importance of using some of our time to be creative and productive, in collaborative settings when possible
- Built a Prusa under mentorship during and after college. I need to reprint the parts for it's z axis and a few other parts that were damaged during repeated moves while it wasn't in operation. Am thinking of repairing the Prusa and using it as a dedicated pen plotter. Then again, why not buy an extruder once I fix it...(I'm just not really interested in trying to build my own extruder again). Interested in the D3D as a 3mm filament printer and perhaps second pen plotter. Have and use a Flashforge Creator Pro that I got at a steal.
- Have played with Adafruit, Arduino, and Raspberry Pi. Understand the basic principles of making things with circuits and such, but still very n00bish in aspects. I really admire Adafruit's documentation, and hope to bring a similar energy.
- Tried out 3Dponics a few years ago, but didn't really like it. The parts ended up growing mold and there was no way to properly clean it. Perhaps innovations in filaments and printing techniques could change my impression of it.
- Currently growing what I can in a suburb environment. Am very interested in learning more about the aquaponics. Believe the world needs a permaculture mindset.
- Interested in developing with: python, FreeCAD, OpenSCAD, 3D printing, the GIMP, Inkscape, LibreOffice, Scribus, OBS, Vokoscreen, Kdenlive etc.
- Short term: Contributing to the documentation.
- Medium term: Hoping to help colleague build his OSE enterprise
- Long term: Build some the tools for my own enterprise
Open Source Magnetic Release Case for Buskill.in Repo @ https://github.com/BusKill/usb-a-magnetic-breakaway
- Personal Site: https://goldfishlaser.neocities.org/
- Github/Diaspora/Wire/Mastadon/Slack/YouTube/etc: goldfishlaser