Simple Artificial Intelligence
One of the simplest ways to create artificial intelligence capacity for the display of wiki content is to name files according to strict rules, and to follow a certain structure for the given data, such that data may be pulled up and converted into attractive publications. A graphic artist can create attractive templates, which combine high quality visual display with standard format/filename editable content. As such - attractive, weak AI web pages can be served and exported. This would make a great Master's thesis, with the innovation being the development of data standards and procedural standards that allow this process to be applied to effective project management simply by using wikis, spreadsheets, and wiki templates.
To do this, we start with a clear separation between data and its display.
- We begin with a premise that we are developing an infinitely scalable platform for OSPD using wikis, embeddable docs, and wiki templates, where any number of machines can be developed rapidly and their status can be analyzed in real-time. For example, any heavy machine in the Tractor Construction Set - which can be hundreds of machines. In this case, a scalable process is afforded by the existence of modules, a sufficient but incomplete set of which have already been tested and built in the period from 2008-2016.
- Start with Development Template which already exists. This is the 'back end' which can be displayed subsequently in any way desired.
- To make visualization consistent, similar formatting and display standards should be used.
Development Page Template
Old: Then there is the GVCS_Development_Template for technical development.
New 11/15: Development Template
Instructional Page Template
This should cover everything required to replicate a machine. May have some overlap with Product Page
- Design Rationale
- Conceptual Diagram
- Bill of Materials (with weblinks to sources)
- Demo Video (could include animation of CEB press from Blender, or real footage)
- Demo Photos
- Instructional Video (A to Z on the Fabrication)
- Functional/Block Diagram - explaining further details, if any, not covered in Conceptual Diagram; explanations of key mechanisms
- 3d CAD file (metal fabrication), 2d fabrication drawings (metal), 2d electronics design file to build circuit boards, wiring diagram,
- Machine-readable CAM files
- 2d Exploded Part Diagram
- Computer Software Control Code for Automated Devices, or any other software
- Hydraulic Circuit Diagram, or any other supporting diagrams
- Calculations (for scaling purposes)
User Manual Template
- How it Works?
- Why it Works?
- Operation Procedures
- Troubleshooting, Repair
Why it works = (to be inspired look at bicyclying science, david gordon wilson)
Older Outline of Wiki Templates
Machine Page Template: (one page for every machine)
Bold links to:
- Development Page Template
- Instructional Page Template
- User Manual Page Template
- Product Icon - Isaiah's icon
- Status Headline - few words on where it is (such as completed, design completed, which prototype number, etc.)
- Problem Statement - may be taken from Proposal 2012
- Performance Analysis vs. Industry Standards (data viz)
- Cost Analysis vs. Industry Standards
- Conceptual Diagram - graphic of working concept
- Product Ecology - show how it fits with other products of Product Ecologies
- Demo Video
- Demo Photos
- Design Rationale - main decisions for instantiation and how they relate to OSE Specifications
- Status Chart - infographic showing percent completed, funded, Step of GVCS_Development_Template (references development template)