Chris Caswell Log
Thur Dec 9 - 13, 2019
I'm working on replicating the D3D Simple build we worked on in November, recreating it here alongside Marcin's recent changes.
Thur Nov 21, 2019
I have used a belt sander to keep a good sharp bevel
Mon Nov 19, 2019
- OpenSCAD-ready vector version of the logo - Error creating thumbnail: Unable to run external programs, proc_open() is disabled.
- OSE wallet File:Ose wallet.zip
Mon Nov 18, 2019
- Top cover for power meter box - File:GasCover.stl
- CC simple extruder.png
Simple Extruder work in progress https://github.com/3DCentral/OSE/blob/master/SimpleExtruder.FCStd
Extruder Active Cooling and Sensor Mount File:ExtruderActiveCoolingAndSensor.FCStd
Nov 1 - Nov 7
Work on Simple Extruder -- Cut/drill/tapped aluminum heat sink block. FreeCADed a jig for alignment (also WIP) - I think the same could be done with heater block.
I bought packs of all the hardware for the universal axis build hoping that I could use the same screws for this - but I am not sure this will be possible.
Spring tensioner needs still most work, the bearing from that is pictured is obviously not going to work...
I have come around to horizontal tool mount; I do feel like it will be more compact and stable. I think could be as simple as 3 holes and wing nuts.. focusing on full functioning of simple extruder first.
Edit: Nov 8 -- updated version of spring tensioner and extruder motor bracket
Oct 25 - Oct 31
After pulling many a hair out trying to make modifications to existing carriage file (every version I could find), have given up and began to just re-CAD from scratch. As proof of concept, made universal tool mount mods to carriage in Blender, but as a back-up I'm doing a super simplified mechanism as well in FreeCAD.
For Simple Extruder, I also started from scratch to build a replacement for the extruder spring base bracket that will also include wire org for the quick attach wiring, and a place for the toolhead mount. This should work for vertical or horizontal mounting, whatever we decide. . Also got trip details planned and tickets purchased for Nov 8 - 23
Simple Extruder Spring Base Bracket, Wire org and toolhead mount - FreeCAD -File:ExtruderMotorBracket.FCStd
Simple Mount Option - size:nullkb - FreeCAD -File:SimpleMount cc312019.FCStd
Quick swap mount - STL-File:Cc dev uta mount 31OCT2019.stl
Oct 20 - Oct 24
Working on Simple Extruder and Universal Toolhead Mount. Note also that D3D_Simple#Part_Library has more.
Simple Extruder Spring Base Bracket - size:nullkb - FreeCAD -File:Simpleextruderspringbasebracket chriscommit.fcstd
Universal Toolhead Attachment - size:nullkb - FreeCAD -code
Working through FreeCAD - Export issue - even trying to compile from the base files I pulled from this - Universal_CNC_Axis#Universal_Axis_-_Working_Document. FreeCAD file - File:D3D Universal Carriage v1910.fcstd
Tue Oct 9, 2019
Sat Sep 14, 2019
First Conversation with Marcin
- Runs 3D Central - http://www.3dcentralva.com/
- He and Bro doing it.
- https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:242087 - the source with parts
- Everything about new skills, fundamental change in economy - supply chain, production. Local production.
- Microfactory concept - manufacturing locally. Technologically - close - socially - far.
- "Waste and drag of intellectual property. And Competitive Waste"
- 3D Brooklyn -
- E-nable - build a hand - http://enablingthefuture.org/upper-limb-prosthetics/
- OS culture - 10
- Printed Solid - another guy in Delaware - Matt Gorton - quit Printed Solid.
- Hackerspace down the street -
- Technical and social, but also economic -
- Environmental - climate change - from inefficient production.