- 1 Intro
- 2 Current Log
- 3 2012 Log
A chronological log for Chuck Harrison, occasional off-site collaborator.
2-Sep-2013 thru 8-Sep-2013
progress on PSoC4 ROS
contemplating dye-LED-webcam-based pH sensor for Lab_Scale_Fermentor#pH_sensing
26-Aug-2013 thru 1-Sep-2013
Measured thermal behavior of lab scale fermentor with a bunch of thermocouples: Lab_Scale_Fermentor#Thermal_Characterization
12-Aug-2013 thru 18-Aug-2013
CNC Torch Table - automatic gas controller - CNC_Torch_Table_Control_Overview#Oxyfuel_.28oxyacetylene.2C_oxypropane.2C_etc.29_cutting_torch
Made Quad sector sense ring for testing from perf board.
Started wiki page Distributed_CNC_Motion_Control
05-Aug-2013 thru 11-Aug-2013
29-Jul-2013 thru 04-Aug-2013
PSoC4 capsense torch height sensor. Worried about oxyfuel torch height control when traveling near or over edges and holes.
22-Jul-2013 thru 28-Jul-2013
PSoC4 capsense torch height sensor. Flat aluminum ring has much more capacitance, good range. Try coil spring mount but it twists too easily.
15-Jul-2013 thru 21-Jul-2013
PSoC4 capsense torch height sensor initial testing with 14AWG insulated wire sense ring; not enough range.
Description and proof-of-concept video for Arduino-controlled proportioning gas pressure control. See Torch Table Control Overview
21-Jan-2013 thru 28-Jan-2013
- exercised extopenSCAD->svg->eps->TorchmateCAD->dxf->gcode toolchain on Torchmate table, still buggy.
- installed Si8600 I2C isolator in Steppernug v1_1 interface, added Arduino-side pullups, functional test ok.
31-Dec-2012 thru 6-Jan-2013
- implicitCAD hierarchical design with gnu make and cpp TorchTableToolChainTesting#implicitCAD_hierarchical_design
24-Dec-2012 thru 30-Dec-2012
- tested implicitCAD svg export; sent patch to developers
- emailed Chris Struthers about STATCOM load balancing for Induction Furnace with rotary generator
16-Dec-2012 thru 23-Dec-2012
- More grbl testing & code update Stepper_Testing#timing
- Got a g-code sender program working on Raspberry Pi GcodeCommunications#Universal_G-code_Sender_on_Raspberry_Pi
8-Dec-2012 thru 15-Dec-2012
- Update I2C code in grbl 
- Test some plasma cuts for angle fold-ups
- Pulled implicitCAD commit 1c4ac855338 from github, merged Windows patches, built painlessly! plasma gcode generation is getting closer.
1-Dec-2012 thru 7-Dec-2012
- Torch toolchain with implicitCAD. Need to clean up multi-segment implicitCAD svg's for g-code.
- Received ebay valves that may be useful for an oxyfuel torch
- Change of plan: do plasma cutting off site, relax deadline pressure on torch table construction. Urgent task to update CEB drawings for Dec 18 build Hopper_Work_Statement - individual part drawings completed.
- Alibre toolchain
- Created github repository for hopper work here, unfortunately Marcin and Kavitha seem to have difficulty using it.
- Worked on concept for interchangeable touch-probe & marking device for torch table.
25-Nov-2012 thru 31-Nov-2012
- got update from FEF regarding Dec 18 CEB build: no oxyfuel, using PP60 plasma on torch table, new tool chain with ImplicitCAD
- download ImplicitCAD to my laptop, limited functionality on Windows, see here
- first training session with Rusty's Torchmate CNC Plasma cutter.
- visited Steve Hussey at Burning Specialties, a company that does CNC and pattern-follower oxypropane cutting with a huge older cantilever machine. Nice guy.
18-Nov-2012 thru 24-Nov-2012
- sync grbl to upstream..success.
- replaced mechanical microswitches on X1-X2 axis with photointerrupters..success. Testing
- contact Kavitha to coordinate torch table prep for Dec. 18 CEB build.
- research CNC oxyfuel torch cutting CNC_Torch_Table#Cutting_Torch
- research onsite oxygen generation (PSA)
- order some gas valves off eBay
11-Nov-2012 thru 17-Nov-2012
- start log.
- ship Millermatic 200 welder (Seattle craigslist) by LTL truck to FEF. 400 lbs for $500; was that reasonable?
- steppernug (open source stepper driver) schematic review with Darren
- received photointerrupters for torch table testing
- looking into "does not quite reach position" bug in my grbl branch
First contact with OSE Sept 2011 briefly on site. I was in the area visiting relatives David Ihnen and Margaret Havens.