Combined Cycle Engines
- May need better name, as TEGs don't make mechanical power, but electrical?
- Can be abbreviated to CCE (For powerplant applicsations it is CCPP in broad use and has specialty abbreviations (ex CCGT for Combined Cycle Gas Turbine) )
- Any engines that use two or more types of heat engine to produce the one output
- This can be done to
- Allow for variable fuel/energy sources (Natural Gas and/or Solar Thermal (Integrated solar combined cycle (ISCC)) )
- Allows for increased efficiency (An ICE with a Turboexpander on it's exhaust stream and a Stirling Engine for vehicles is a good example)
- Not to be confused with Cogeneration