Page edited by , with CNC Torch Table design by building upon the work of RepRap open source community with adherence to . Using RAMPS and 425 oz in motors from Xylotex. By combining Cool DRV with RAMPS we are calling it CoolRAMPS.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Technical
- 3 Status
- 4 Diagram
- 5 Systems Engineering Breakdown Diagram and Interface Design
- 6 Working Session 2 - July 13, 2013
- 7 Working Session 3 - July 20, 2013
- 8 Sourcing
- 9 Integration
- 10 Links
We are building on open source electronics from the RepRap project to build the OSE CNC Torch Table, until we develop our own higher power controllers within the framework of the Power Electronics Construction Set.
This project seems stalled as of Oct 2013 so Dan's using RAMPS to get the torch table up and running and we can substitute CoolRAMPS when it's ready.
Credits to Kliment for developing Cool DRV (care of #Bubblerep which we are using with RepRap Generation 4 RAMPS electronics to run steppers with microstepping. We are using Xylotex 425 oz in Stepper Motors, which are rated for 2.8A max. We will run the system at partial power until we develop the Scalable Open Source Stepper Motor Controller, possibly by making improvements upon the Powerlolu GPLv2 electronics.
Needs a Systems Engineering Breakdown and Interface Diagram for entire table. This includes:
- Wiring based on Prusa Mendel -
Systems Engineering Breakdown Diagram and Interface Design
Working Session 2 - July 13, 2013
Working Session 3 - July 20, 2013
BOM Referencing Part Numbers in Systems Breakdown and Interface Diagram
Using pictures of actual components - we draw up this Google Drawing:
Pictorial Interface Design
Show pictures of all connectors or other interfaces.
Pictorial Design - Software Toolchain Development
- Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52
- RAMPS - from Lulzbot
- Cool DRV
- See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lff2mYbA6_0 for a commercial system for $15k.
- Control code - former tool chain was DXF to Gcode with LinuxCNC, but we are moving beyond parallel port.
- Active Development 7.13.13 - Height Controller