D3D Universal Industry Standards
Products that Fill a Similar Niche
- Doesn't come with the toolheads stock, but is otherwise similar
- "Printrbot Simple" (?) to be more specific?
- The Wikipedia Page on Printrbot
- User:goldfishlaser supposedly has hands on experience with one
Open Source Prior Art
Multiple toolheads for a given machine are a common idea found in:
- E3D's current work on the automatic tool changer - but this is only for exchanging print heads.
- This work is based on the D3D Simple - modifying for quick attachment of multiple heads.
- D3D Simple is based on the Universal Axis
- The Universal Axis is a modular, scalable derivative of the Prusa i3 printer X axis. Instead of using a dedicated design for an X axis, why not generalize the design to make it work for X, Y, and Z - and make it Intensively Scalable and Extensively Scalable at the same time?
Other Prior Art
This refers to other ways that people do a linear axis motion system. A common way is using lead screws.