Sun Jan 19, 2020
- Marie - partner and child
- Wrote the reprap page series on Mechanical Rigidity https://reprap.org/wiki/Mechanical_Rigidity
- Built 2 versions of sandwich 200 https://reprap.org/wiki/Sandwich200 and riki200 https://reprap.org/wiki/Riki200 with double pulley system, and redesigned a taobao clone to be half-decent. https://reprap.org/forum/read.php?177,770083,page=1
- Taught himself welding - to do a frame of a car. http://lkcl.net/ev/suzuki_swift_conversion
Wed Jan 15, 2020
Open_Source_Battery_Pack needed way to generate STL files (added). edited STEAM jan2020 page, mentioned TODO items.
Fri Jan 10, 2020
UELVEs_MBC 3D geometry drawing and preliminary result, showing how, based on four node locations and assuming the distance between door frame (purple) and door sill (green) is parallel, create a "marker" line half-way between, and work out the angle from which the pipe may be rotated (from its node) such that *both* pipes will touch perfectly on that centre line. by keeping things in 2D, it turns out it simply involves a couple of calls to atan2
Tue Jan 07, 2020
UELVEs_MBC video explaining an issue that needs solving with some 3D geometry algorithms. The doorframe, doorsill and the door itself, all those pipes need to be parallel and a set distance from each other. This should be easy to compute with the application of some simple 3D algorithms, if you know what you are doing... I could really use some help here.
Sun Jan 05, 2020
test needed for the UELVEs_MBC
Sat Jan 04, 2020
Open_Source_Battery_Pack nearing the point where it can be test-printed. this shows the bus-bars and wires (yellow) which have poron foam behind them to act as springs, creating electrical contact *including* from the lid (purple) to the main holder (green). i also added space to get access to the BMS PCB (red) where you screw down a lid, it was becoming too awkward for assembly.
Fri Jan 3, 2020
alrightalright, i hand-drew it in the gimp! :)
Toblerone modifications proposed to D3D Universal which will allow it to span a greater distance without flexing.
Thu Jan 2, 2020
Notes and websites mentioned in this tour de force:
- Luke can hopefully present the Special 1 Day Program - 3D Printer Mod as discussed, otherwise we need another instructor to cover that - https://www.opensourceecology.org/steam-camp-january-2020/
- STEAM Camp promo video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRYacJW77Gs
- Fibre Reinforced Pipe 3D Printer - Luke's concept
- LRK Torquemax Motor - . GIF of how it works - 
- Geodesic kayaks - https://www.gaboats.com/
- Kestrel Hemp Car https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WqGZxRlpgw https://www.autotrainingcentre.com/blog/kestrel-eco-friendly-hemp-car-canada/
- Luke is the creator of the EOMA-68 modular computer - https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop
- Libre Silicon - https://libresilicon.com/
- Luke's FOSDEM talk on modular computing - Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETjvP5Vd_vc
- Hackrod - https://www.hackrod.com/
- Jay Leno's Divergent Blade - 3D printed metal + carbon fiber - company sells production knowhow to make these - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPv7PwS50OE
- Printbite 3D printing surface - https://flex3drive.com/product/printbite/ . 30+ GBP per square foot - 
- DDR3 - this is what Luke designs in his ample spare time - https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/d/ddr3.htm
- UELVEs_MBC - the Ultra-efficient 4 wheeled 2 occupant Libre Car.