- This page goes over OSE's Various Marketing Strategies over the Years
- It also links to more specific pages
- For other more general things, like examples on other strategies, or other pages on these topics see the category at the base of this page
- Marketing Strategy should be integrated for the overall OSE operations to market the message, products, students, development effort, and other aspects of overall OSE operations.
- Until a large pool of customers is built and is scaling by itself (word of mouth marketing - which applies only to transformative, ethical products), deliberate effort is required to market products. The typical cost of customer acquisition is 8-12% of overall budget or revenue, but as high as 40%. 
- From :
- Develop a 4 Hour Marketing Operations Manual.
- Google Ad Grants. OSE has acccess to $10k/month of advertising money from Google Ad Grants for nonprofits. We are looking for a qualified person to work on this full time on an on-contingency basis. See Hiring. Sample case: $20k revenue, marketing costs are at 20% allocation. $4k.
- Getting Credit for Courses -
Marketing Strategy should be integrated for the overall OSE operations to market the message, products, workshops, students, development effort, and other aspects of overall OSE operations. This is based around collaborative development for a transparent and inclusive economy of abundance.
- Website. Build. Design. Develop. Buy. Requires 3D printer cluster with filament maker. Part kits from Print Cluster. Main challenge is developing robust production engineering: self-replicating 3D printing of industrial capacity. Ordering software to order, view print in progress, get automated messages of progress, etc. FB API to post automatically to FB from your print order. LAI, WebGL, product manual and specs. 3' print volume, and construction set for larger printers. Not done yet.
- Conference or university speaker + workshop event.
- Other exploration:
- Technical schools
- Direct mail for kits and classes
- Reframe around CAD/Design/Enterprise training
- Market build training to workshop spaces/hackerspaces
- Enterprise Competitions by First Robotics teams. Weekend to design and test a machine, develop sourcing, to build a website, opensource it, for a revenue model. Always building upon prior art in Wordpress.
2016 Marketing Strategy is part of OSE Roadmap:
- Sep 15, 2015 - Revenue Goals
- Steve <- merge this into strategy and/or marketing or vice versa?