Open Source Agricultural Carbon Dioxide Generator
- A device that generates carbon dioxide for use in greenhouses etc
- Uses some sort of fuel (Such as Ethanol, Methane, Methanol, Dimethyl Ether, or Biodiesel)
- Increasing the Carbon Dioxide concentration of a Greenhouse's atmosphere which increases yield (assuming everything else is addressed before moving on to using this see Law of the Minimum
Existing Open Source Designs
Minimum Viable Product
- Could be combustion or fuel cell based
- Metered Output
- Clean Output (Only Carbon Dioxide, Water Vapor in the exhaust (or at least as close to this as reasonably possible) )
- Uses Waste Heat For Something (Be it home/water heating, thermoelectric, or a heat engine (Like a Stirling Engine ) )
- Integrated CO2 Monitoring
- Integrated Control System
- This could either be a standalone unit, that is essentially a very Clean Burning Blowtorch inside an insulated enclosure, with or without heat removal and/or utilization, with a standard Fittings at the end (and an Optional Diffuser "Plug" if a Tube Ventilation system is not in use)
- It could also be (or be used in combination with) some sort of Scrubbing + Metering System from a Pellet Stove / Rocket Mass Heater, Generator , CHP system, or even a Universal Burner Unit !
- Could this could utilize standard HVAC Ducting and HVAC Baffles at the end?