Open Source Autonomous Sailplane Gliding Software
From Open Source Ecology
- (i MAY have made this page before, search engine couldn't find it)
- Essentially a software and/or firmware that takes:
- Elevation Data
- Weather Data
- Telemetry from Plane
- Ardupilot based mission/route info
- It then uses this to determine where there will most likely be "thermals"
- It then plans how to use these to reach roughly the same path as the ardupilot plan
- Perhaps make some plugin?
- Have the route/loop for the mission, then have power used v glide caused variation in route+time spent getting from point a to b ?
- Need to see if this could be done "on machine", or require a seperate computer to do the work, and send simple data to the plane