Solar Hydrogen Fueling Station
- First one in the world - in Sweden? - 
- Techno-economic analysis states that cost of production of solar hydrogen is $9/kg - 
- 36 cent/kW panel costs at sunelec.com
- Use bus wire, 4-0, at $1/ft - for a few hundred dollar distribution cost to homes, using local 480 DC to 120 AC/240 AC inverters
- Keeps cost down to about $5k for 10kW, though real cost in Seed Eco-Home 1 was $1/W installed (much lower than $3 industry standard)
- Cost of electricity - 20 years * 365 * 6 * 10kW = 438MW hrs for $5k is 1.1 cents/kWhr. And life will be about 2x this for PV panels.
- Given 50 kWhr requirement for hydrogen generation, with 60% efficiency electrolyzer. See Hydrogen Production
- We get 55 cents per kg hydrogen! That assumes cost of electrolyzer is nil.
- Missing link here is power electronics - so this is what needs to be done from an STTR grant.
Filling Station Calculatons
- Take one acre. 720 kW of panels. 6 hours per day equal 4300 kW hrs.
- This is 86 kg of hydrogen per day, or about 10 microcars per day. Fleet of 70 cars all together. Somewhat marginal.
- But it's still $250/day - or $7500 per month, or $94k/yr. This is ok. Payback time of about 4 years for the PV panels, and overall 7 years. Wow. This would change history.