dec 11, 2013
sketched- added square tube across top of main lifetrac arms to mount 2 cylinders on doc
dec 9, 2013
sketched- added the new cyclinders and sketch new mount for lifetrac arms google doc
dec 3, 2013
did a little idea for mounting trencher on lifetrac Media:Trencheridea20131203.torrent
nov 5, 2013
machine screw idea for trencher 1-1/2 long. 1/2" nuts are a little less than 1/2 tall, wich will be shorter than the 1/2 thick tooth plate.
could use 3/4" plate for teeth in order to use 3/4" bolts
oct 8, 2013
backhoe side to side pivot with scissor File:Backhoe sidebyside8.skp
oct 6, 2013
did backhoe sketch File:Backhoe sidebyside2.skp
Thu Sep 18, 2013
Arm mounting shaft split.
sep 16, 2013
finished cutting tubing
cleaned up some pivot plates with chisel and file
sep 15, 2013
cut DOM tubing for pivot plates
- band saw
- speed square
- C clamps
- angle iron
- steel shims
- set up an end stop on the band saw
- clamped small piece of angle iron 1/2" away from blade
- used speed square to keep perpindicular
- placed some shims to keep area infront of angle iron level with band saw base
- used some extra tubing with same O.D. to maintain distance of the swivel clamp by placing on opposite side of clamp
- placed tubing to be cut in clamp
- lowered blade to just above tube
- using calipers checked distance
- tightened clamp
- maintained about 2-3.5 on the hydraulic lowering setting for the kalamazoo brand band saw
- after cut checked width for accuracy
- continued next cut
- durring cutting used file to clean up edges of previously cut tube ring
- set aside for next process
sep 14, 2013
cut day 4x4s
- speed square
- tape measure
- soap stone
- abrasive saw
- big table
- scrap metal for leveling
- power cord
- set up cutting area for 10' sections
- marked general location of cut on 4x4
- using ruler found center between holes
- marked center
- used speed square to draw line along center
- checked line with ruler again
- aligned in saw
- tightened into saw
- algined again
- final tighten
- when abrasive wheel became smaller would rotate 4x4 so that saw would continue previous cut
- marked feet and inches on 4x4
- placed in pile
sep 13, 2013
sep 12, 2013
cleaned up the workshop a little bit
tweaked a few things on the vw sled
- the lever for the clutch will interfere with current design, need to change something
sketched a pivot for the lifetrac6 to be mounted above the top pivot point
sep 11, 2013
- shifted in back instead of lowering it down
- added tanks above pump
- flipped around
possible double pump 
- picture of holes on engine http://www.huelsmann.us/bugman/FilterTech.html
- looks like should be able to tap and use two side holes as mounts
- vw sled utilizing holes on either side of oil pump plate
- moved tanks around
- added radiator
sep 10, 2013
- new sled idea for vw
- angle iron base with vibration mounts front and back
- slides into tractor frame, bolts in 4 corners
- accommodates current exhaust system
- double pump possible
- known issues:
- sticks out the back
- still need to do tanks, should fit above bell and pump
sep 9, 2013
- gary suggested making a angle iron frame that slides into the 4x4 frame
- seems doable, started doing a little brain storming. no model yet.
- swapped some ideas with marcin and lucas about changing a few of the mounting layouts for the arms and pivots
sep 7, 2013
- measured and drew bell housing holes
- used angle iron to attach to bell mount plate
- got rid of extra bell mount plate material.
- realigned pump and 4x4 mount
sep 6, 2013
cleaned up a few things. no changes.
sep 5, 2013
did a pc ws version coupled instead of chained n sprocketed. used a 4x4 tube as pump mount.
sep 4, 2013
proposal for tractor frame change to mount 4x4 frame on back end.
aug 29, 2013
video of vw mount http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr0UhhC7XpQ
added two angle irons for support on opposite side. may be welded or bolted together.
aug 16, 2013
going out of town. my sketchup work will be on pause.
- started hose routing
- 1-1/2" suction hose has 5" bend radius
- will need to use pressure line with a 45 degree elbow connecting to pump. straight out wont work.
- added rough position of cooler and filter
- bolt conflict with the horizontal and vertical pivot mounts located on the lower front 4x4
- can see a little here video
- cleaned up OSE Torrent Files page a little
aug 15, 2013
- added some pipe fittings
- had to trim motor mount
- rough idea for hub to mount motorcycle sproket
- sourced and sketched some Vibration Isolation Mounts Cylindrical Type
- need to move a few things around slightly
- not sure how to get nut on within 4x4
- still need cooler and filter etc
aug 14, 2013
- added chain and sprocket idea
- added hydraulic pump model
- need to get bolt pattern measurements of bell housing
- need to add hose and cooler models
aug 13, 2013
4x4 XYZ frame for mounting VW engine.
july 30, 2013
utilizing steering pivot allows for front and rear drive axles. this theoretically simplifies a geardown. could also allow for simple gear changing by moving motors and other adjustments.
jun 24, 2013
Sun Jun 23, 2013
The Control Cab Control Panel needs accommodation of:
- Power connection to Power Cube (3/4") - up to 4 Power Cubeconnections - let's do this.
- Case drain to Power Cube (1/4") - need to do 4 pairs if using 4 Power Cubes independently.
- 6-spool backhoe valve - 1/2"
- 2-spool motor valve - 3/4"
- 2-spool foot pedals - 3/4"
-  pairs of 3/4"
-  pairs of 1/2"
-  singles of 1/4" (just return)
Sat Jun 22, 2013
Control panel for hydraulics:
working with chris on hose routing for trac
- 8 – ¾
- 20 – ½
- 1 male twords power cube
- valve bolt mounts to 4x4
Friday 21, 2013
See also Chain Length Calculator.
Sprocket with hub:
Use this for cutting. This is just the hub backing plate:
Now the actual sprocket for cutting:
possible motor for lathe surplus center
doing a draft with motor mount and threaded rods that tighten to base with some pieces that can c-clamp to base.
Thursday 20, 2013
drew a rough sketchup of the lathe. going to redo motor mount. File:Lathe1.skp
found this sprocket openscad thing on thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:7918
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Download DXFs of the 6 parts here - these are 6.26 bolt spacing for these bearings - and DXFs have been corrected for 3/4" bolt holes, meaning 3/4" + 1/16" for CNC torch allowance. File:GeardownDXF.zip
- went back to the basics and cut out intermedate shaft and using a quick attach module style mount.
- requires very large sprocket to achieve desired ratio
- need to change chain cover to accomidate flange bearing bolts sticking through.
DXF Files of Component Plates for Simple Geardown
Sat Jun 15, 2013
added some detail
- bolts for flange bearings
- had to shift some things around to account for tighter space
- added QD bushing for 1-7/8
- changed a couple mounting bolts to frame
June 8, 2013
Needs discussion of how size can be made more compact.
added to the model a mount style with QA facing opposite direction from before
- shortened distance the 2-15/16 bearing hangs out
cleaned up some of the mounting and case holes
- not sure about where the best places are to have mount holes
June 7, 2013
started modeling the chain and sprockets.
- looking for collisions
- taking up as much slack of chain in design as possible
June 1, 2013
Design Sprint - Dozer Geardown
preparing to make a chicken coop and a raised bed.
- thinking might do a mashup of these two coop designs: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=5b2fbd27cfb5a48e6654971052d2f27e http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=11bfd7bd9f6b256493bc835096fe177a&prevstart=0
- done a couple https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwxMMqGvwTM-R3lETnFYQXJZckk/edit
- thinking about spinning door. small dc motor. hall effects sensor. arduino? one door to chicken run, one for yard.