- 1 Summary
- 2 2020 Model - 24 Hour Collaboration Architecture
- 3 STEAM Camp Collaboration Architecture
- 4 Specific Development Elements
- 5 Infrastructure Elements
- 6 Collaboration Architecture Notes 2015
- 7 Links
The working question is how you can get a large team (100+) to work collaboratively in a focused way. What infrastructure is required to do so?
This is distinct from the Amazon 2 Pizza Rule, which is based on small proprietary teams in which open documentation is not the norm. Collaboration Architecture must address Brook's Law: more people must produce faster development velocity, not slow it down.
2020 Model - 24 Hour Collaboration Architecture
STEAM Camp Collaboration Architecture
General - design + build + enterprise + education + manufacturing + testing + data collection must happen at the same time.
Concept: every action adds to the quality of the work, and does not propagate mistakes
- Concept Design Diagram
- Design Rationale - unless people are clear about that, design decisions will not be degenerate
- CAD - design it so it's 3D printable and verifiable
- CAD + Enterprise - model kits come right out of design
- Prototyping - 3D printing can happen at the same time
- Production Engineering Documentation - production engineering should be documented for artifacts, and to optimize parameters. Can't improve print quality and optimize without this.
- Graphics - concept diagram fully fleshed out with diagrams
- Animation - exploded part, assembly, functional. Blender.
Specific Development Elements
- 3D printed model kits - ex, OBI Arch Kit, CNC Multimachine Dev Kit. Define all the modules.
- Laser cut model kits
- Immersion Program students collaborate on the collaboration architecture platform.
- Metrics - cost reduction for the performance obtained. 80/20 rule - implying 20% cost for 80% performance. That is part of the OSE Brand. And then you can also go all out and exceed industry standards as well.
- Design Guide - The holy grail for enabling mass participation. Good for any type of build; focus on scalability, performance, cost calculations to discover the most favorable DIY space.
- Build Manual - for a single build instance
- Small laser
- 3D printer
- Filament maker
- CNC Torch
- Heavy duty CNC machine
- FreeCAD workbench for the development
Collaboration Architecture Notes 2015