DPV Orientation and Message Board
Needs to be updated as of 3.15.15 -MJ
See DPV Tracker
The first day of any DPV's stay at Factor e Farm consists of an Orientation Day. We meet for 1 hour in the morning to discuss our organizational infrastructure - followed by a one hour site walkthrough - followed by 6 hours of the day for new DPVs to go through all the materials below - followed by a discussion at that evening's dinner. The goal is to get everyone on the same page regarding processes and expectations at Factor e Farm.
- Sign the Liability Waiver
- Learn Sketchup Tutorial 1. (We need another tutorial on how to cut and paste from the Warehouse)
- Start a Work Log according to Work Log Standards.
- To get credit for your work in a transparent way, post any contributions to Contributor Log Form
- Begin playing with laser cut foldup models of LifeTrac Construction Set.
- Log into Trovebox for picture uploads, and OSE YouTube/Vimeo for videos.
- Access to Dozuki Wiki, OSE Wiki.
- If you would like to participate in Design Sprints and collaborate with other Design Sprint Participants, please sign up by filling out the Tech Team Culturing Survey linked there.
- Learn about workshop and HabLab maintenance at Factor e Farm Community Standards
- To connect to the printer use HP disk located on HabLab Message Board or HP Driver Downloads
- In the event of internet down - see OSE Internet and Phone - CenturyLink. We have 2 internet lines, 4 Megabit, and we are planning on satellite internet for increased robustness.
- In the event of a Down URL or server contact Hetzner: Client ID: C0704628411, Support number: +49 (0) 9831 61006-1
- OSE Ford Ranger - for official business only
- OSE Specifications for Product Design
- Get familiar with the concepts shown at LifeTrac Construction Set
- Get familiar with OSE's Rapid Prototyping Approach - and we will discuss it in the evening of Orientation Day.
- Get familiar with the structure of Dozuki documentation, which links to the Development Board for every module of a machine - according to Module-Based Design
- The general overview of development process is shown in the Development Process Diagram
- Phoenix Assembly Method
- Warehouse of stock parts for use in Sketchup
- Hydraulic Circuit Design - Schematic Symbols
- Use iShowU HD to do screen capture on Mac.
Build Prep Resources
- Workshop - includes map, guidelines, authorized users list
- Place OSE bedding in washing machine hamper
DPV Work Plan
DPVs work under the close supervision of the Product Lead, with tasks posted on the Scrum Board during a 15 minute Daily Standup - followed by immediate start on tasks. Daily Standup takes place at 9 AM sharp M-F.
- Trash day is Thursday, so trash must be taken to the trash bin the night before.
- Saturday is cleaning day, with group cleaning taking place at 10AM for 1/2 hour with everyone's participation.
See HabLab magnetic Message Board for current Bed Logistics
Workshop Tool Organization
Here is a map of where all tools are located (needs specific shelving locations):
If you have ideas to improve Factor e Farm, including the HabLab, please complete the FeF Improvement Form.