(Redirected from Enterprise Session)
5:30 PM Monday - Friday during the Summer of Extereme Design-Build 2021. This is like night school - for those ambitious individuals who want to get the most out of their Summer X experience.
- Intended Audience -The Enterprise Track is dedicated to those individuals with a serious interest in starting an enterprise building Seed Eco-Home 2, and other derivatives later on. The method is learning to run build crews for rapid builds of the Seed Eco-Home 2 model, so that significant build time compression is possible using OSE's parallel build techniques. The intended revenue potential for running crews is at the $200k/year profit mark. This is based on the entrepreneur gaining an integrated skill set that allows them to function as a custom builder who leads a much larger portion of the build, as opposed to contractors who outsource all the tasks to subcontractors. The OSE advantage involves using open source blueprints that are constantly improving, optimizing and simplifying build procedures, requiring less skilled labor, and compressing build time by allowing for highly parallel workflows with modular design. There are significant advantages, see House_Value_Proposition
- Co-Creation - This is likewise a collaborative, co-creation process in the format of a seminar where discussion is encouraged. During each seminar, we select documenters/note takers. The demands of participants include active commitment to documenting the lessons learned using cloud collaborative Google Docs.
- Remote Participation - We have a remote participation option as well, but that is only for experienced builders who can assure that they can learn the actual build techniques on their own, either by using our online materials for free, or by attending our 14 day or 5 day crash course for builders. We have a 1Gig fat pipe, so we will be streaming our enterprise session to remote participants on 3 screens, with the main presenter and 2-3 additional angles - so that remote participants can get as close to the live setting as possible.
- Expectations - This is a complete experience of co-created genius, with all results published openly for anyone to replicate. Our intent is to deliver Housing 2.0 in a distributed, open source way. Our vision is solving housing - much more than just making a living. The former guarantees the latter in our view. The enterprise track has the same flavor as the rest of OSE work: we co-create so we take advantage of Open Source Optimization. If you are looking for us to give you a turnkey business, you've come to the wrong place. If you are looking for us to provide you with the required technical knowhow for building Seed Eco-Homes, and to share all that we have learned about building Seed Eco-Homes for clients - then you have come to the right place. We know how to build houses. But the ability to build a house is in no way correlated to run a house building business. There are no guarantees in business, whose success is up to you. And after our training, we'd love to hire you to build with us, or you can go off on yuor own. We are relentless, and we are building on a decade of building and prototyping in order to succeed on a scalable, distributed enterprise. If you would like to be on the crew of open source immortals that brings this to life - then the enterprise track is for you.
Topics include: Collaborative Literacy for Enterprise Development, Open Source Business Models, Production Engineering, BOM Specification and Sourcing, Production Layout, Quality Control, Certification, Economics of Housing, Big Picture of the Open Source Economy, How to Post Events on a Wordrpess Site. And more:
- OSE Culture and OSE Specifications. What is the Open Source Economy?
- Mechanics of Collaborative Genius
- Collaborative Literacy - Philosophy, Principles, and Tactics
- What does solving housing mean?
- Identity Leadership, Negotiation, and Transformation
- 4 Zones of Capacity: Understanding Value Creation with the Seed Eco-Home 2 Through a Growth Mindset
- Extreme Manufacuring Concept and application to running crews of 24 to build Seed Eco-Home 2 in a week.
- Understanding Value Propostion, Value Streams, and OSE Character Stand and Promise. Economic benefit of SEH.
- Value of time - understanding value of time, and thus how to manage and outsource. Valuation of specific tasks. Time compression via swarms and new possibilities for regeneration, such as landscapes or slums. Understanding the time advantage of machines. Basic ergonomic calculations of tasks, such as time to grow food for a facility. Advantage of automation. Going back to the video tape.
- Admissible Parts and Substitutability for the Seed Eco-Home
- Workflow Design - Overall Fabrication Diagram
- Workflow Design - Role Allocation for a Crew of 24
- Management - Running Crews Leaders for a 200 Person Build.
- Drop Shipping Build Kits to Clients
- Quality Control and Remote Quality Control
- Planning a House Build Schedule for a House
- Sourcing Workers: Extreme Builds, Temps, Prison Reform
- Negotiating Lumber with Local Sawmills
- Machines and Rental Costs
- Running Swarm Build Events with Volunteers
- Setting up a Website on Clickfunnels
- Edumarketing with Open Source Software: Video, Podcasts, and More
- Filming and Build Data Collection
- Creating the Ideal Apprenticeship for the Economy of Affection
- Navigating Seed Eco-Home 2 Designs in FreeCAD
- Navigating and Creating Seed Eco-Home 2 Designs in Sweet Home 3D
- Navigating Inkscape Seed Eco-Home 2 Build Plans
- Navigating Seed Eco-Home 2 in Blender
- Automated BOM Generation in FreeCAD
- Code Compliance
- Electrical Design Basics
- Structural Design Basics
- Plumbing Design
- Landscape Design and Install
- PV System Design and Install
- Home Economics: Costs and Savings Over a Lifetime
- Running a Foundation Crew
- Panel and Part Production Facility
- House Design Guide - Basics of Overall House Design for Solving Housing
- Negotiating with Building Officials, Utility Companies, and Clients
Operations, Sales, Finances and Marketing
- Economics of Housing
- Keys to Working with Skilled and Unskilled Crews
- Tools and logistics for non-local builds
- Cost Structure in Detail
- BOM in detail and BOM simplification
- Collaborative Copywriting
- Collaborative Vidoe Protocols
- Collaborative Assets for a Website
- Collaborative Visual Assets
- Sales Letters
- Business Plans and Roadmaps
- Customer support - QC, Tech Help, Community
- Enterprise Feedback Loops.
- Collaborative Design of the Operations Manual
- Product Strategy - Understanding the Different House Models, and Different Services we can provide. Diversifying into various realms of industry transformation.
- Economic Analysis: Revenue Projections, Time Per Build, Labor Costs, Material Costs
Other Potential Topics
Base on interest and available time:
- Open Hardware Business Models - viable business model options for open hardware, revenue projections and scenarios for Seed Eco-Homes.
- Ergonomics and Economics of BuildKit Production. How to Produce a Drop Ship Kit.
- Open Source Economics - definition of, philosophy of humility, branding, case studies, and growing the pie for everyone.
- Shipping - strategies and best practices for effective and automated packaging and shipping
- Franchising, Producer Training, and Certification - What is a financial model for disseminating production worldwide? What does an open source franchise look like? Franchise agreements. OSE Producer Certification.
- Product Support and Warranties - How to leverage an online community for support. Forums. Askbot. Product reviews. How to leverage lifetime design for an Unlimited Lifetime Warranty. Collaborative dev can include R&D - marketing - product support via community and forum and simple design - and lifetime guarantee. COTS addresses parts support. Documentation addresses customer support in a major way.
- Production Engineering - Detailed ergonomics of production and revenue genearation. Production rates. Production revenues per hour.
- Packaging - shipping options, labeling, packaging. Flat rate, envelope, and custom shipments. The USPO mailbox.
- Distribution Channels - Website. Allied organizations. Should we set up an Amazon, Ebay, or Etsy store. Kickstarter campaigns. E-commerce, m-commerce, and an OSE Everything Store app. Direct marketing. Edumarketing. Sales funnel for OSE collaborators: designing a sales funnel for your open hardware business, and leveraging collaboratively-developed products marketing assets. Drop shipping.
- Collaborative Production of Documentation - The Extreme Enterprise Hackathon.
- Open Source Everything Store - The concept of collaborative product development for unjobbing, thus scaling self-determination. The most efficient way to produce. From vision to execution. On-demand production infrastructure for microfactories. Required uniform infrastructure, delivery time, and producer certification. Open Source Everything Store templates on the wiki. Defining standards for the Open Source Everything Store: The 12 Requirements.
- The Open Source Film Studio - Making and preparing education products - collaboratively - for YouTube, live streams, webinars, and podcasts. Combining the Open Source Film Studio for product photo shoots, promotional materials, and instructionals. How to script and produce an explainer video, a blackboard video, and a whiteboard video. Product Photo Shoot - How to do a product photo shoot.
- Collaborative production of video assets with shared Kdenlive files and YouTube assets.
- Product Templates - embeddable website product page templates with 3D visualizations and product reviews for e-commerce. How to create them and use them for your own online store, and how these fit into the Open Source Everything Store.
- Product Strategy - What is a Product Strategy? How to design a robust product strategy. How to design an irresistible offers in open source; education products; bootstrapping products. Physical products, education as products, and the Experience Economy.
We may engage in any of these exercises during the Seminar as time and interest dictates:
- Collaborative Literacy for Enterprise Development - documenting a Collaboration Architecture for an Incentive Challenge
- BOM Optimization and MOQs - determining the savings and feasibility of alternative sourcing
- Tooling optimization - designing a 3D printed power tool set used for production - to lower cost of tooling
- Distributed Quality Control - designing a distributed QC protocol for a select product
- OSE Certification - refining an Open Source Franchise Producer Agreemen. How do we break the Unicorn Speed Record?
- Creating a Distributed Collaborative Sales Site on Etsy, Amazon, or other venues in a collaborative way where multiple poeple produce the same products
- The Killer Sales Letter to Various Audiences: collaborating on a letter to DIY House Builders; Builders; Entrepreneurs; OSE Fellows; College Students. Defining Key Phrases and Key Points. Defining a Standard Structure of a Sales Letter. An extended version for a Clickfunnels site.
- Refining the Clickfunnels Assets - a working session.
- Quality Control Manual for the SEH
- Detailed Cost Analysis for understanding the value proposition: features, labor requirements, build workflows, build ergonomics, customization options, and
- Swarm Build Time Compression Economics of the SEH
- Valuation of the GVCS - continue analysis to attain credible figures of current GVCS value under the assumption of trainability of the required workforce in 6 months time (OSE Apprenticeship time scale)