Open Source Video Production
- Blender renders and animations
- Audacity for sound
- FreeCAD - exploded part animations, fabrication drawings
- Vokoscreen 2.4.0 for screen capture of window with magnification
- SimpleScreenRecorder for pointer-following video
- Cursor Highlight in Ubuntu - care of DMZyb cursor theme for X11
- GIMP for raster drawing
- Inkscape for vector drawing
- Sweet Home 3D walkthrough animations
This page considers the entire framework for how to produce videos within an open source framework. Such as: best open source animation programs; how to use MMORPG 3D engines to create simulation; how to do Sweet Home 3D Animations; how to edit in OpenShot or what is the best stable libre movie editor; how to transcode and compress/decompress files; Open Source Soundtracks; Open Source Sountrack Synthesizers/Music Synthesizers; and ultimately - Natron - the open source compositing software.
Downloading Video - Source Files
- Between http://savevideo.me/ and http://en.savefrom.net/ , almost any video source file can be downloaded.
- Zamzar - converts 1,200 different file types
- OpenShot appears to be robust on Ubuntu.