Pen Plotter Printing Methods
- May need a better name
- Uses continous lines, which are often curved
- Method well documented ( need to add internal links here )
- Requires file conversion
- A Hybrid of "Cartesian Plotter" and "Dot Matrix"
- Uses dashed lines gradually scanned down an image
- MAY be able to be done with less code work? (since displays did this for "hd" to CRT conversion?) (ie use standard files?)
- Uses a pen going up and down, yet not dragging to essentially create pixels
- Most systems will be relitively low PPI , but supposedly dedicated systems reached ~240ppi, and this was with non-cnc/3d printer grade hardware?
- Also may be a function of time (lower travel speed allows for more "dots")
- May modify the Open Source Pen Holder Toolhead to have a solenoid for "pulsing" the pen up and down in sync with the code for more dots per mm etc