Prototyping Plan Q2 2013
Based on 3 Month Prototyping Plan 2013:
- CNC Torch Table based on OSHW-OSE-CNC Torch Table-v1
- Bulldozer - 150hp power cube, 50 hp power cube, steering module, braking module, suspension
- 1 Day Ironworker Machine
- Truck - heavy duty suspension
- Assess Steam Engine, Gasifier Burner, Heat Exchanger
- Parallelize CNC Circuit Mill, 3D Printer, Laser Cutter - formerly shown in Prototyping Plan
- Create Development Route with Jeff Moe for Lulzbot 3D Printer, Addie for Laser Cutter - the Lasersaur, and Edward from Shapeoko, for the CNC Circuit Mill.
- Evaluate option for integrating CNC Circuit Mill + Laser Diode, Lulzbot, Shapeoko, and Lasersaur into 1 machine or 1 machine type.
- Extend Lasersaur to 150W system - needs geometry remake.
- Draw up basic Google Doc concept drawings of machines
- Draw up instructionals on Tablet - upgrade with real Sketchup models
- Draw up CG Models for explainer to make design transparent - including how to make these via CNC torch table CAM. Sensationalize via radical scalability.
- Compose Explainer Video - Dazzle with Shipping Container Story - or Full Printed on Tractor + Car to build a Trucktor.
- Second Explainer on Mechanical Product Ecologies
- Devise plan for 4 students
- Deploy Rapid Prototyping Lab by end of April - CNC Torch + Laser + 3D Printer
- Plan first Rapid Prototyping Charette for May 17, May 31, June 7, build 14 and 21, 28.
- Video (sketch tablet + animation + icons) explainer on plan by Rob Kirk
- Sketchup -> 2 Laser Cutter -> CNC Torch Table, or Sketchup -> 3x 3D Printer -> CNC Torch Table; also, CNC Circuit Mill to copy all electronics
- See Modularity for general pattern language
- Start Audrey on securing talent base, placing it into Google spreadsheets for each type of person.
This would require securing other professionals.
- Jun 21-22 - Open Source MIG Welder power supply, OS wire feed, OS Gas feed, to standard gun.