Seed Home 2 Economic Benefit
- Home builder - appreciation on delivery, not over time
- Save 10s-100s of thousands on financing costs via Incremental Housing. When you build as your needs grow. Spend $130k today, $130k in 5 years, and $130k in another 10 years.
- Gets involved in continuing product development - to gain additional value over the lifetime of the house.
- Owner gains productivity - via a distributed network based on open source production machinery. Includes distributed urban gardening, and distributed microfactories - part of a larger network of OSE activity. There may be options to opt in to a land trust that keeps the housing affordable by keeping the land speculation-free, and for affordable housing and social benefit.
Add some numbers to people.
- Tech school student - machines - teamwork, applied on site with mobile welding. Welder, torch, and power. Battery inverter, 250 lb. At 40 Wh/kg - 10kWhr. 20% dod - 2kWhr. Lightweight skid steer at 5000 lb or so of weight, not 10k. Field support for equipment is needed here. Finish of build means transporting the machine to the next site.
- Tech school student - builder - diversified training allowing them to go onto any job, from build crews to their own enterprise because they learn by diffusion.
- OSE Chapters Track - longer track, starts with build skills, which are core of graduating towards design, organization, entrepreneurship, leadership. This provides the right background of practical skills for building a new civilization. During the immersion physical work - there is also a build theory, design of house, machine design, organizations, communications, and other training.
- Buy out at the Bottom for the cost of a college tuition while solving 19 SDGs
- Because the build method can be done as Swarming, actual builds can be done as part of immersion training. This is because multiple elements of the design/buil can be done at the same time - allowing for an immersive learning environment with both theory and practice. This thus lends itself to a revenue model for movement entrepreneurs which combines education and production in one package - leading to a more robust economic model.
- Build entrepreneur package solves the top challenge for builders - the labor issue - by teaching entrepreneur to teach his workers as a real life trade school. Etrepreneur-track people learn to run a training program. OSE collaborates with this by providing training curriculum and apprentices.
- Swarming allows for accelerated build schedules with larger crews. for example, while a typical build may last 3-6 months ,  - an OSE-style build can take 1-2 weeks depending on inspection schedules. This means that the project is completed on much faster time schedules, allowing for more free time for the entrepreneur instead of having to work it like a dog.
- The only method comparable to the OSE speed is perhaps manufactured homes (factory built, non-mobile homes installed with cranes). These however are less in the Economy of Affection realm, and do not lend themselves to owner-builder or swarm builds. They are still industrial housing, as opposed to housing that builds communities.
- Imaging getting buy-in from troubled communities by hiring all the people from the block. In OSE methods, minimal training is necessary for many tasks - especially when proper workflow and jigging is used. That means we can get buy-in from locals, and have less resistance or vandalism, as the community takes ownership in the build as part of a social build model.
- When off-grid energy and water is used - permitting can be facilitated in terms of avoiding costly utility hookup.
- Entrepreneur Builder - efficiency of open source, lower cost, high performance