This is a log of wiki issues, performance, improvements, organization, and other issues related to the effective functioning of the wiki.
- 1 Sat Oct 17, 2020
- 2 Thu Dec 27, 2018
- 3 Wed May 23, 2018
- 4 Thu Feb 2, 2017
- 5 Tue Feb 23, 2016
- 6 Wed Dec 3, 2015
- 7 Mon Sep 21, 2015
- 8 Thu Sep 10, 2015
- 9 Thu Sep 3, 2015
- 10 Sat Aug 29, 2015
- 11 Sat Aug 22, 2015
- 12 Fri Aug 14, 2015
Sat Oct 17, 2020
Saving SVGs doesn't work -
Thu Dec 27, 2018
- Check out this interesting bug - the picture is not updating when new version of a picture is uploaded. The next to last picture is the latest one - but the image that shows up shows the older picture:
Wed May 23, 2018
- Mass Delete in special pages - for mass delete of spam by one user
- Use the User:Name and Tools: email this user to contact users
Thu Feb 2, 2017
Wiki Outstanding Items
- Get proper sidebar on new wiki
- Speed up wiki response
- Get main page up
- Approve users manually
- Learn how to navigate between instructionals view and regular wiki view
- After all formatting is done - first update database for last time - and swith DNS record at Dreamhost
Main OSE blog, Factor e Farm, Opensourcewarehouse.org, old Forum
- Other databases have different logins - fef wp site, opensourcewarehouse wp, old forum in vanilla
- wp-config.php has the password info to find other databases -
- localsettings.php has initial settings for wiki software. We had that password already. Read only vs. write only login was shown.
We got so far as to getting the database for the fef site, by extracting password from the wp-config. We copied to new Hetzner. We archived also the entire fef wordpress database file and working directory into one archive and moved it to the new Hetzner.
Next steps are to move main ose wordpress, and the opensourcewarehouse.org wp database. And finally look up old forum database password, and then move that.
Let's fix up the new Hetzner - how to make it look good.
Tue Feb 23, 2016
Changing license information at bottom of page from 3 to 4:
1. Log onto the server via ssh (assuming that you have the hetzner key in your .ssh folder, named as shown below): $ ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa-hetzner -p 222 -l osemain dedi978.your-server.de
2. Change to the "public_html/w" folder and edit the file "LocalSettings.php": osemain@dedi978:~ cd public_html/w osemain@dedi978:~$ nano LocalSettings.php 3. Change the text from 3.0: $wgRightsUrl = "http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"; $wgRightsText = "CreativeCommons by-sa3.0"; to 4.0: $wgRightsUrl = "http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/"; $wgRightsText = "CreativeCommons by-sa4.0"; I just changed it for you using the steps above.
Wed Dec 3, 2015
Need to enable email capture from wiki registrations. Currently, the email is lost after registration is approved.
Mon Sep 21, 2015
Larger than 50MB files can't be uploaded still - trying the Cold Saw zipped CAD file upload.
Thu Sep 10, 2015
It appears to delete all attachments after the user account is confirmed, by an automated maintenance script.
In the database, it holds a record of the file while the account is pending, but afterward, there is nothing about it in the database.
I haven't found where it keeps the files meanwhile. It appears to encrypt the file name, as I see two values for its name, but not the file itself: 82a8f59a58588754c6ac4a8016c581ee3d37703f.pdf and 150622_CV_EN.pdf The weird thing is that when I click on the file name "150622_CV_EN.pdf", it somehow finds it. Weird.
Thu Sep 3, 2015
Example - http://opensourceecology.org/wiki/User:Pcharwood - upon registration, his resume - I clicked on it - and got it. But the second time I clicked on it, it was a bad link - http://opensourceecology.org/w/index.php?title=Special:ConfirmAccounts/authors&file=01ef55cbe8049485974417e742b372eeb73612df.pdf .
Sat Aug 29, 2015
Account registration fields - where to find them? When a person registers, there are other fields filled in, such as contact info. How to find this once a user is approved? Further, the uploaded CV - when clicked upon - it was a broken link but link was blue. Status: not resolved.
Sat Aug 22, 2015
Are Terms of Service visible upon a person registering? This refers to a Contributor Agreement. With this said - how do we find a person's profile and CV that they submit upon registration? That is critical to Wiki Culture and Collaborative Literacy. Status: not resolved