- 1 To Do
- 2 Machine Information
- 3 Tools and Infrastructure List
- 4 Microhouse Information
- 5 CEB Production Data
- 6 Multimedia
- 7 Related Information
- Determine MicroHouse version to be built at workshop
- Local materials pricing
- Soil Mixer CAD
- Blocks are bending as they come up out of the press. The wetter they are the more this happens. I think it's due to the gap between the press plate and the chamber walls.
CEB Press Version 16.09
- CAD: Updated CAD File: 16.09Belize.FCStd
- Brick Size: 5" x 6" x 12"
- BOM:Google Sheets
- Drilled Nylon Drawer Guide Clamps
- Nylon Drawer Bushings.
- Oilite Bronze Bushings are actually less expensive.
- Main Cylinder: Sweiger sourced 5x10 cylinder, 2.5" shaft
- No analog pressure gauge - Ram
- Valve subplate: Surplus Center Item# 9-5883-2
- D03 mounting style
- SAE 10 Presure Port, SAE 12 Tank Port, SAE 8 Work Ports
- Flow Rate: 16.8gpm
- 3/8" ports (D3)
- AS568-012 O-rings
Controller Version 19.01
- BOM:Google Sheets BOM]
- Code: Updated Code:File:BelizeCEBFirmware19.11.zip
- Important Parameters in Code:
PowerCube Version 15.06
- Consistency of milkshake
- About 3 parts water, 1 part sifted soil, and 5% lime/portant stabilizer
- Sift soil with 1/4" mesh
- Apply about 1/2" slurry, which dries to about 1/8" thickness
- Volume required per wall section of 4'x8': there are about 200 block per wall section. Each block requires about 10"x12" area of slurry, which is about 60 cubic inches of slurry. This is about 50 gallons per wall section.
- The ideal setup would be for a 55 gallon drum to be located at every side of the house, midway on that side and on the outer side of the block pallet.
- The drum would have to be refilled once.
- Note that it is not brick availability at the wall, but slurry availability at the wall - which is the limiting step for the speed at which CEBs are laid.
- Note also that preparing the framed window and door modules is the limiting step for how fast the overall walls are built.
Spare Parts List
This is a spare parts list that I am assembling so that Mader can purchase parts in USA to avoid downtime in Belize.
Tools and Infrastructure List
These are the tools that are required for the workshop. Recommend that some should be purchased in the USA and brought down. These are highlighted in yellow.
Google Sheets Link
This is information related to the microhouse that will be built at the workshop in Belize
Local Materials Sourcing
Appears to be $1.50 per board foot for local source rough cut lumber
CEB Production Data
The following spreadsheet has sheets listed by soil type. Scroll down to see different tests. Charts are preliminary not final.
Google Sheets Link
This is how we test our blocks:
Test Block Composition
Photo showing the drawer guide system from September 2016 Workshop
CEB Notes from Aidan
Here are some notes I prepared for the Utah CEB in October 2018. I believe they are relevant for any CEB project around the world.
And here is a dropbox link to my directory for that project. There are many PDFs inside that will give insight to anyone interested in CEB production. I recommend you download the entire directory as a .zip file (top right of page).