CEB Microhouse Build in Belize
- P&L - 
CEB Microhouse Build - We're doing a CEB MIcroHouse Build in 5 days in Belize early next year - Feb 22-26, 2020 - our first workshop outside the US. This is immersion, vacation, and service. We're working on making Microhouse builds highly replicable and super efficient, both in the US and abroad. Sign up for early bird registration today.
We're working on making Microhouse builds highly replicable and super efficient, both in the US and abroad. Our next build is in Belize - first major international build. Sign up for early bird registration today. https://www.opensourceecology.org/ceb-microhouse-build-in-belize/
- Front of website.
- Front of wiki.
- KS 1 audience
- KS 2 audience
- OSE Fb
- OSE Workshops FB
- OBI FB
- TED Fellow FB
- Instagram - post pix
- OSE Reddit
- Jack Spirko - promo code
- Blog Post
- OSEmail/True Fans - Incentive, STEAM Camps,
- Past workshop participants
- Linked In
- Google Ad Words
Thank you for registering. You are good to go - we are ahead of schedule at this time. Once the Early Bird admission ends October 22, I'll send out more logistics info as it is likely that most people will have signed up by then.
I would like to ask, though - how you found out about this so we can learn more about where people are finding us? And what are your goals for this workshop? We'd like to offer the best experience possible.
In the meantime - feel free to join the OSE Workshops group if you aren't on there yet - and say hello. I am encouraging all the participants to introduce themselves there and start a conversation to engage other participants and anyone else who is looking. https://www.facebook.com/groups/398759490316633/permalink/1137995589726349/
If you aren't signed up to our newsletter, please do so - https://wiki.opensourceecology.org/wiki/OSEmail
Note that we added a ton of share buttons at the top of the announcement - feel free to use them - https://www.opensourceecology.org/ceb-microhouse-build-in-belize/ - and pass this on to your friends. Please feel free to ask any questions.
List - 
- Bob Moore
- MAC Chiulli
- Jolanda Witvliet - Denmark
- Patrick Sullivan - Canada - I follow OSE on facebook, so that is how i heard - the fb link. I've been interested in building with earth for a while now. I've helped build strawbale homes, earthen floors, walls and ovens. I am quite interested in the CEB machine as well. I have taken workshops on building and recipe making but am still looking to broaden my horizons. I have recently found good quality building clay in the area i live, Mackenzie BC Canada. Also i found an old lime quarry. Anyway, working with the earth seems to be an almost lost skill. I think it is a very important and foundational to a resilient society to be wise about working with earth. My goals: basically im interested in the whole gestalt of the context/process. The social diversity and collaborative elements, the empirical metrics of the earth - pattern and difference between types. Im quite into the setting up and cleaning up process as well. It's only a week so i'm not expecting to much. It's part holiday for me as well so I'm looking forward to the beach/yoga scene :) Was I one of the first 12? I would like one of them rooms if possible. Although im flexible really. But please let me know.
- Duane Johnson - Utah - Hi Marcin! I've been looking forward to something like this for YEARS. I'm a founder of a makerspace called Make Salt Lake (Utah) and first heard about OSE after your TED talk in 2011. Excited to learn & build alongside such innovators, and hope to make a CEB press when I return.
- Vincent Horn
- Rey Johnson - Canada - I am Duane's younger sister. I live in Canada and he lives in the US, and we haven't seen each other in a long while, so this project is going to be a big highlight for us. I heard about it from him today, but have been keenly interested in these kind of builds for a long time. It was an instant yes for me when he proposed the idea. My goals are to learn as much as I can about technology that can save the planet, especially when it comes to housing. I'm a huge believer in sustainability and love earthships and tiny homes. I'm a geek for this stuff. So excited. This looks fabulous.
- Ken Kesslin - http://proteus-international.com/the-team/ken-kesslin/ - I'm currently in a learning mode about natural building techniques and about ecological home construction. I have a desire to build my own home someday and I'm also interested in discovering ways to make home ownership more accessible to those with more limited resources (my past life as a Social Worker bubbling up!). So by coming to collaborate in Belize I'm hoping to leave with... 1. At least a basic understanding of the entire home build process - from foundation to roof as well as the utility systems. 2. An understanding of the benefits and downsides of using compresssed earth bricks for construction. 3. Learn about collaborative and modularized building to speed up construction - especially by less skilled people. 4. Connections to others who can be resources and potential collaborators if/when I decide to invest time and money in a construction project.
- Christine Stultz
- Jaime Engstrom -
- Peter Hellmuth - Sacramento, CA,
- Leila Hellmuth
- Ismail Mussa
- Reginald Maunze - I found out about this opportunity from a friend and after watching your TED Talk and some of the other projects you have done, I was convinced to come along and learn about how to build Microhouses. My goals in this workshop, is to gain as much knowledge as possible regarding Open Source technology as well as make a difference to someone's life.
- Joe Richards.
- - Rick Hagen
- New 1-step soil conditioner - Soil Mixer 2019
- Equipment, tools, materials page - Belize CEB
- Machine versions used - Belize_CEB#Machine_Information
- CEB Floor
- Auroville Earth Institute
- Jim Hallock
- Belize Earthquake Map
- Applications of 3D Printing in Construction
- Belize Build Publicity