Organizational upkeep is that work outside of core development work (prototyping, presentations, workshops, collaborations). To address all tasks required, the processes involved are divided into 3 categories: time that is required from staff, tasks that are outsourced, and ongoing tasks.
The strategy for required work from staff is to list all the requirements, create templates and processes to minimize staff time, and then to do the work. The only attention that is required is to look at one's calendar - as the tasks should be put in a personal calendar. The amount of time spent should not constitute more than 2% time requirement (of 2000 hours worked, that constitutes 40 hours per year) overhead for a $5M Per Executive Organization.
The strategy for outsourced work is
- Board Meetings - anual
- Annual Report - Dec 31 - Letter to Supporters; rest is templated from Organization Development Template
- General Liability Insurance - March 15
To Be Outsourced
- 3 month or longer extension - 
- Property Tax filing - January when it arrives
- Googlers Give - Sept. 4 annual filing? - Benevity
- Secretary of State registration - August 31 annually or biennially - SOS Registration
- Charter # - N01219075
- Go to SOS.mo.gov/fileonline -> Regostration Report -> File Online, Biannual appears ok.
- Login- opensourceecology
- Pay $20
- Registration states that fiscal year is May
- Next Filing date: August 31, 2015
- Annual Report - Templated Publication - Dec 31
- Annual Budget Report - total earned and spent and corresponding fractions - Dec 31
- Gandi - opensourcewarehouse.org - Jan 6 annually
- True Fans - database maintenance and responses monthly. True Fans Community Management.
- True Fans Hangout - monthly
- Donor Thank Yous - January
- Cell Phone
- Vehicle Registrations
- Donation Receipts
Ongoing Small Tasks
- Check Depositing - ongoing