3D Printer Log
Wed Feb 23, 2021
Started D3D Troubleshooting and Repair
Sun Feb 7, 2021
Wed May 1, 2019
D3D v19.02 printed an 8" square with 7.75 on the X axis and 7-7/8 on Y axis. Thus - changed the steps/mm? In the x and y, it was 80. Need to increase these to and 82.58 for x and 81.27 for y. I uploaded marlin, and EEPROM still says 80 80 on LCD. Bug? Somehow EEPROM is not overridden, old values are kept in memory. Lookd likr code upload does not overwrite EEPROM. So I inserted new values via LCD. Result:
Sun May 5, 2019
D3D v19.02 requires removal of fan shroud to get at a deep neck clog. Neck clog happened with too low nozzle hitting bed, and filament melt backing up all the way to the neck. Unacceptable for maintenance, and OSE version will use an openly accessible filament loading system. Neck will be eliminated.
Tue Mar 12, 2019
Titan Aero heat break accepts 3.0 filament, but neck does not. It's tight in the neck. Ie, Titan aero 2.85 mm extruder does not work with 3mm filament. Unacceptable.
Mon Mar 11,2019
Sun Feb 10, 2019=
Sat Feb 9, 2019
- See This
Fri Dec 21, 2018
Saturday Oct 30, 2016
- begin assembly of printer at FeF
- created spacer parts to assist in keeping plates aligned
- needed to source M6x30 socket head bolts to attach one Universal CNC Axis to the carriage of another.
- eight total, 2 for each side of extruder axis and 2 for the carraige of the Zaxis and 2 to mount build plate
Fri Aug 25, 2016
Bas, Andrea, Michel, Jonathan, Marcin.
- Bas + Gerry Anzalone + Mark (a teacher). Using Athena printer - 2 people build a single Athena printer in 1 day. Run + calibrate + software the second day. Runs Franklin. Supplies all open source programs - 300 3D printers built. This summer 150 printers were built.
- Mark + Bas - http://phidiasllc.com/
- Andrea - program manager in the IT sector, for cloud services. Provide virtualized server, with open source server and services. Easy deployed by other organization. Virtualized server - take one server, and install hypervisor - vmware - proxmox https://www.proxmox.com/en/ - softeware layer that emulates other servers. Perhaps Debian and Centos.
- Andrea is working on server infrastructure for OSE
- Templates on top of mediawiki - Andrea - wikifab.org -
- Clement & Pierre - on MediaWiki templates.
- France - Hemp Decorticator - full chain of tools to extract tissue -
- Route - Beagle Bone Green + RAMBo.
- Franklin for height control.
- Raspberry pi zero - https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-zero
- Franklin Wiki -https://github.com/mtu-most/franklin/wiki
- Follow video on Appropedia Franklin - for install direction. Requires oxygen, oxypi, graphis. 
- Geetech RAMBo - 
Sat Aug 20, 2016
Mon Aug 22, 2016
RAMBo open source controller. Extensibility to >2A can be addressed by connecting outputs of the RAMBo to a larger stepper driver via the step + direction pins.
Wed Aug 17, 2016
Thu Jul 14, 2016
Working document is 3D Printer Design Evolution.
Sat Jan 23, 2016
Added 'latest team meeting' video to D3D Development. Jonathan joins team. Planning Factor e Farm build data collection next week, and with those results, we will go forward with improvements prototyping with Jonathan Kocurek, Torbjorn Ludvigsen, and possibly Joshua Langevin and Will Bombardier.
Wed Jan 20, 2016
Purchased a Prusa i3 kit from Folger Technologies, the aluminum extrusion version. Goal is to evaluate build, and see what it takes to do a one day build - and determine more specific value proposition as far as how to present the workshop. Considering auto bed level addition - reviews say that calibration is a big issue, and in our case, can be a show-stopper for a one day build. 2 people per team can make it happen more easily if we design for parallel process - definitely doable. I have seen reports of 7-24 hours for the complete build until good printing.
December 23, 2015
Started D3D Development - "The world's first one day, economically sustainable 3D printer build workshop for a 3D Printer that works."