Vulcanized Rubber Tires
(Redirected from Vulcanized Rubber Tyres)
- Can also be written as "Tyre" but more google results for Tire
- The most common type of tire
- Often a form of Municipal Solid Waste, and can't be recycled easily as they are a Thermoset Plastic...that has also been Vulcanized
- Very durable
- Waterproof if cut into sections and/or made into a sheet
- From the wikipedia page:
- "Tires can trap methane gases, causing them to become buoyant, or bubble to the surface. This 'bubbling' effect can damage landfill liners"
- Can they be used as a Molecular Seive ?!?
- Any good jigs?
- Using a CNC Router or CNC Mill may work well
- Can they be cut with a Lasercutter
- Main concern is vapors if it CAN be done
- This Group does it with bike tires it seems?
- May not be vulcanized though
- This Page on Lasercutting Neoprene Rubber ?
- Can be sewn into products or textiles
- Thermally probably can't work
- Any chemical methods?
- Blasting Mats
- Seals / O-Rings ? (Use one with no tread (left), or remove it, then cut to shape? )
- Shredded Vulcanized Rubber Tires
- Vulcanized Rubber Tire Shingles
- Vulcanized Rubber Tire Textile
- Vulcanized Rubber Tire Based Shoes
- Need data on potential Leaching hazards
- Also hard info on fumes from Incineration , Pyrolysis , or Laser Cutting / Torch Cutting
- Rubberized Asphalt Concrete
- Tire-Derived Fuel (Not reccomended (outside of at the end of a Life Cycle containing other uses) due to complexity of the Pollution Control Systems that would be needed, and better alternative use cases)
- For More Information More Relevant For Conceptual Design/BOM's: