3D Printer Website
- Add librarian teaching curriculum
- Add one day workshop curriculum
- Add e-book and embed phplist to catch emails.
- Ebook should probably be a way to catch interest for Design Jams.
Build a desktop microfactory, and reinvent local production right in your home town
- Accessibility Rules - for best practices on naming websites
- Link should be: https://opensourceecology.org/3dp and 3Dp and 3DP
- For maintenance purposes - you don't put the folder with a website at the /3dp -
- Verify with Michael that /3dp folder is a maintenance nightmare
- Thus, use https://3dp.opensourceecology.org as the URL
- If the same key opens all doors to a house, is the house any less safe than a house with a single door?
- Competitive analysis: Benchmarking + Competitive List Audit
- Imade3d.com -
- Irregular workshops at different hacker- and maker-spaces for internal and external audience
- STEAM education - various orgs providing
- The Crucible - SF bay area -
- Tumbleweed houses
- On demand auto fulfillment. Example.
- OSE Logo - B&W - for t-shirt and polo shirt
- Click buy for a t-shirt or polo shirt - say $18 for a t-shirt, OSE gets $4.73 per shirt at https://inktothepeople.com as an example
- Products: kit, XM workshop 1 day build - read the existing 3DP workshop, teachers' or librarian's 2 day training (build day + training), t-shirt, sticker, polo shirt
- 1 week - basic website.
- Phase 1: sign up for a workshop, sign up for a Teacher's Training
- New logo by JB - Sticker for the 3D Printer. And revisit in one year for a 3D printer.
- Create a modular logo for different product.
- See Kit.com
- stocktankpool.net - check their kits for kit model
- We offer a 3D printers.
- We also offer 3D printer builds - in 5 hours!
- We also train teachers how to build, maintain, and design printed parts.
- But that's where we leave all the others behind...
- We offer a turnkey Desktop Microfactory consisting of the 3D Printer, CNC Circuit Mill, Laser Cutter, and 3D Printing Filament maker - which allows you to produce 80% of consumer household goods in any community - starting from recycled plastic.
- We offer a modular, scalable Construction Set of machines - so you can build larger or smaller versions depending on your needs and budget.
- Once you have the 3D printer - you can print parts for all the other machines - and build your own desktop microfactory from easy-to-source, off the shelf parts.
- We are standing on the shoulders of giants, building upon the work of the RepRap 3D printer community, Precious Plastic, Recyclebot, Open Circuit Institute, and Lyman Filament Extruder - and adding our own innovation - to produce a powerful product package.
- Our goal is to democratize production and involve everyone in product design all over the world. You may have heard about this idea before - but now we have the open source tools, and we are producing a repository of open designs to make this happen.
- We develop public designs via Design Jams - open to the public - and we offer training in 3D printing, CAD design 1 hour FreeCAD crash course, using part libraries, and how to collaborate openly with a large team.
- We offer: kits (3DP, CNC circuit mill) - we can drop ship these. Need to refine BOMs - 3DP BOM - D3D_v18.07#BOM and Circuit Mill BOM - D3D_CNC_Circuit_Mill#BOM
- We offer registration for workshops. Sign up for initial interest. Once there are 12 people interested at a given location or 1 hour away - we run a workshop
- Design Jams - basic narrative
- (Imade3D positions themselves as Professional Development opportunity for teachers - -see their site)
- We can provide an amazing Professional Development opportunity as you learn to build a 3D printer. We offer 2 day workshops for teachers and librarians, day 1- build - day 2 - operate, maintain, design 3Dd printed parts - all using a fully open source tool chain.
- We an also train you do do design useful products - anything from a 3D printed pen, a cordless drill, or a vaccuum cleaner - and to run design contests with your students. This would be similar to First Robotics, but producing real, useful, and marketable products that improve with time and become part of a common human heritage of open design. We will be running these events once per month at Open Source Ecology.
- We can teach you how to start a recycling operation in your school - turning waste plastic from your cafeteria to virgin 3D printing filament - for producing new products while cleaning up the environment.
- We can offer Professional Development building the 3D Printer, CNC Circuit Mill, Laser Cutter, and Filament Maker today.
- Register as a pair - $1400 for a 2 day workshop - you keep one machine that you built during the workshop. $2100 for a 3 day workshop where we teach you how to lead a Design Jam on the 3rd day.
- Inquire for further details - or register online. We need a minimum of 4 registrations to run an event - we after you register - we will have to find 3 other
- Register for a workshop (nonexisting workshops - we host one when 12 people sign up)
- Register for a planned workshop - any one that is already on our schedule. We can add people to Teachers' workshops as well, where people register for 1 day and teachers register for 2 or 3 days
- Buy a kit
- Buy swag. OSE pen (like 3D Printed Pen, sticker, and t-shirt.
- Infographic - 3D Printer Infographic
- Sketchfab by Jose - 
- Website by Jose Urra in 2017 - Jose_Urra_Log#July_25.2C_2017 - not finished. Nice 3D manipulable image using Sketchfab.
- Another previous cut in 2017 - Jose_Urra_Log#July_16.2C_2017 - nice inclusion of background video.
- Initial draft by Jose with narrative - Jose_Urra_Log#June_30.2C_2017. Initial cut with JB's infographic stripped of text.
- First D3D protype and workshop 2017 - (includes original photo shoot picture), early 12-build group workshop footage - 
- Crazy workshop shot for PR - 
- Workshop pix, etc - High Resolution GVCS Media
- OSE Logo
- Third workshop 2017 - part 1 -  - part 2 - .
- Lawrence build workshop 2018 - 
- Packing of D3D v18.01 -  - Includes . Time lapse of box print included in files - 
- Build of 2017 print cluster - set 3 -  - set 2 -  - set 1 - 
- 9 frames - 
- Time lapse of 10 pieces being printed - 
- Universal axis plus WebGL of it - Universal CNC Axis
- Final printer file - 16" not finished - File:D3D CAD Assembly.fcstd (note: use the secocnd 27 MB file, not the latest one. 12" version not finished - File:Medium Size Version 12 in.FCStd.
- Part library - D3D Part Library
- April 29, 2017 workshop announcement - 
- August 12, 2017 workshop announcement - 
- Sep 30, 2017 Announcement - .
May be useful to play in the background of website?
- 8 min Promo video by Dixon -  downloadable in HD.
- 2 min promo by Dixon - 
- Workshop promo video April 2017 by Marcin - 
- Workshop promo Aug 2017 by Marcin- 
- Time lapse of April 2017 build - 
- Time lapse of August 2017 build - 
- Time lapse of Lawrence 2018 - 
- Time lapse of big box print - 
- Time lapses of various 3D prints -