D3D Part Library
Conditions of satisfaction for complete CAD for a given project means that we have a complete part library:
- Parts - for building Modules, for producing Fabrication Drawings
- Modules - Made of multiple parts, these are sub-assemblies of the Final Assemlby. These are used for Exploded Part Animations, Language Agnostic Instructionals (LAIs), and other work.
- Final Assembly - The completed build. for Exploded Part Animations, LAIs. Note that the Final Assembly may have to use Simplified Assets in some cases to remain workable
- Simplified Assets: Parts, Modules, Assemblies - these are versions with details removed. Some may be grouped to facilitate handling. In some cases they are drawn from scratch as only abstract, blocky models - to save significantly on file size.
- File Size Requirements - all assets meet File Size Requirements for that particular asset type. Files can't be so large that FreeCAD can't open them or work with them effectively.
- File Organization - Spreadsheet of all Assets (both Simlified and Complete assets) is available
- Construction Best Practices - procedures for effective part building in FreeCAD are followed for each file.
- File Build Documentation - Each file is documented for how to create that file, so novices can get up to speed in making modifications. A short video with voiceover is the best way to document a part build. This is important because this creates design literacy in the general populace.
5/16" or 8 mm Rod Version
D3D 16" Version
See D3D Integration, Emmanouil Log, Jose Log, Cedric Log for all the source files, and D3D_Instructional_videos_for_April,_29th,2017_Workshop for exploded part animations, and D3D Language Agnostic Instructionals for further documentation.
Small version for small machines such as 3D printer, small laser cutter, and CNC circuit mill
D3D frame 16": File:D3D frame assembled 16 inch.FCStd Note: 2" width of metal. Should be updated to 1.5" width. (4/16)
 Short Idler Side - 75k - FreeCAD - File:Universal Axis Idler Side short version.fcstd. STL - File:Universal Axis Idler Side short version.stl.
 beginning +  end piece +  springs of Cable Chain - 4 STLs in a zip file - File:D3dcablechain.zip.
Beginning Cable Piece - File:D3dcablechain beginning.stl.
Endstop. - FreeCAD - File:D3D End Stop Switch.fcstd
- D3dframe freecad.jpg
Frame - FreeCAD -File:D3dframe.fcstd. STL - not 3d printer. Another version will be 3D printed.
Right Y Axis - FreeCAD - File:D3D Right Y Axis.fcstd.
'M6x18 Axis Hex Bolt - FreeCAD - File:M6x18.fcstd. Marcin plz confirm
M6x30 Axis Hex Bolt - FreeCAD - File:M6x30.fcstd. 30 mm version connecting X axis to Y axis. EDITED after Marcin's confirmation
Axis Hex Nut - FreeCAD - File:Axis hex nut freecad.fcstd.
Magnet - FreeCAD - File:Neodymium magnet freecad.fcstd. Magnet updated to 12mm×3mm
Nema 17 Stepper Motor - FreeCAD - File:Nema 17 stepper motor freecad.fcstd.
X Axis Belt - FreeCAD - File:8mm belt x axis freecad.fcstd. Belt needs to be 6 mm wide, 2mm pitch (GT2 belt)
Part name - FreeCAD - File:Freecadfilename.fcstd.
GT2 Pulley Freecad - File:GT2 pulley.fcstd.
Simplified Modules - For Use in Modeling
TODO: ADD SHORT IDLER VERSIONS OF EACH
Single x axis: File:D3D Circuit Mill X Axis.fcstd
Single y axis: File:D3D Circuit Mill Y Axis.fcstd
Single z axis: File:D3D Circuit Mill Z Axis.fcstd
Simplified carriage: File:Universal axis carriage side.fcstd. (This one is in the spreadsheet above)
See D3D Extruder
Top extruder Mount - FreeCAD - File:D3D Mini Sub-Assembly Extruder Top Mount.fcstd. STL - File:Miniexthold.stl
Motor Side, short - File:Universal Axis Motor Side short version.fcstd.