D3D Part Library
3D Printer Part Library
Hint: Newest part library is at D3D v19.06
D3D frame 16": File:D3D frame assembled 16 inch.FCStd Note: 2" width of metal. Should be updated to 1.5" width. (4/16)
 Motor Side of Axis - 221k - FreeCAD -File:Universal axis motor side.fcstd. STL - File:Universal axis motor side.stl
 Carriage Side - 552k - FreeCAD - File:Universal axis carriage side.fcstd. STL - File:Universal axis carriage side.stl
 Short Idler Side - 75k - FreeCAD - File:Universal Axis Idler Side short version.fcstd. STL - File:Universal Axis Idler Side short version.stl.
 Belt Holding Peg - FreeCAD original size - File:Peg 8mm rods.fcstd. STL at 85% size, works well - File:Peg 8mm rods.stl
 beginning +  end piece +  springs of Cable Chain - 4 STLs in a zip file - File:D3dcablechain.zip.
 Cable Chain Main Link - need 44 of these for D3D 16". File:Link.fcstd. STL - File:Link.stl
Beginning Cable Piece - File:D3dcablechain beginning.stl.
End Cable Piece - File:D3dcablechain end.fcstd. File:D3dcablechain end.stl.
Endstop holder. - File:Endstopholder2.fcstd. File:Endstopholder2.stl. See Open Source Endstop Holder
Fan holder for OSE extruder. Download - File:Fanholder.fcstd. STL - File:Fanholder.stl
File:Titanaeromarcin.fcstd Marcin's Titan Aero sensor holder. STL - File:Titanaeromarcin.stl.
Spool Holder. File: File:Spoolholder.stl Link for more types of these joints - 
 Long Idler Side - 96k - FreeCAD - File:Universal axis idler side.fcstd. STL - File:Universal Axis Idler Side long.stl.
Endstop. - FreeCAD - File:D3D End Stop Switch.fcstd
- D3dframe freecad.jpg
Frame - FreeCAD -File:D3dframe.fcstd. STL - not 3d printer. Another version will be 3D printed.
Right Y Axis - FreeCAD - File:D3D Right Y Axis.fcstd.
'M6x18 Axis Hex Bolt - FreeCAD - File:M6x18.fcstd. Marcin plz confirm
M6x30 Axis Hex Bolt - FreeCAD - File:M6x30.fcstd. 30 mm version connecting X axis to Y axis. EDITED after Marcin's confirmation
Axis Hex Nut - FreeCAD - File:Axis hex nut freecad.fcstd.
Magnet - FreeCAD - File:Neodymium magnet freecad.fcstd. Magnet updated to 12mm×3mm
Carriage Linear Bearing - FreeCAD - File:Carriage linear bearing freecad.fcstd File:D3D Linear Plastic Bearing.stl - printable version?
Nema 17 Stepper Motor - FreeCAD - File:Nema 17 stepper motor freecad.fcstd.
X Axis Belt - FreeCAD - File:8mm belt x axis freecad.fcstd. Belt needs to be 6 mm wide, 2mm pitch (GT2 belt)
Part name - FreeCAD - File:Freecadfilename.fcstd.
GT2 Pulley Freecad - File:GT2 pulley.fcstd.
3D Printed Pulley + 3D Printed LinearBearing These are not the same as the files above. FreeCAD - File:3dppulley.stl. File:3dlinbearing.stl
 Endstop Holder. Used prior to D3D v19.02 File:D3D End stop interface.fcstd ½ cube bumps, File:D3D End stop interface.stl.
 D3D Extruder Holder. File:Motor interface.fcstd , File:Motor interface.stl. Notes: used prior to Prusa i3 mk2 extruder and Titan Aero.
Sensor Holder. - Generated in BlocksCAD. STL - File:Sensholder.stl File:D3D Extruder Z Sensor Holder.fcstd
Conditions of satisfaction for complete CAD for a given project means that we have a complete part library:
- Parts - for building Modules, for producing Fabrication Drawings
- Modules - Made of multiple parts, these are sub-assemblies of the Final Assemlby. These are used for Exploded Part Animations, Language Agnostic Instructionals (LAIs), and other work.
- Final Assembly - The completed build. for Exploded Part Animations, LAIs. Note that the Final Assembly may have to use Simplified Assets in some cases to remain workable
- Simplified Assets: Parts, Modules, Assemblies - these are versions with details removed. Some may be grouped to facilitate handling. In some cases they are drawn from scratch as only abstract, blocky models - to save significantly on file size.
- File Size Requirements - all assets meet File Size Requirements for that particular asset type. Files can't be so large that FreeCAD can't open them or work with them effectively.
- File Organization - Spreadsheet of all Assets (both Simlified and Complete assets) is available
- Construction Best Practices - procedures for effective part building in FreeCAD are followed for each file.
- File Build Documentation - Each file is documented for how to create that file, so novices can get up to speed in making modifications. A short video with voiceover is the best way to document a part build. This is important because this creates design literacy in the general populace.
5/16" or 8 mm Rod Version
D3D 16" Version
Hint: Once all the parts here are stable, we will create a FreeCAD D3D Workbench which includes a drag-and-drop of every part within FreeCAD
See D3D Integration, Emmanouil Log, Jose Log, Cedric Log for all the source files, and D3D_Instructional_videos_for_April,_29th,2017_Workshop for exploded part animations, and D3D Language Agnostic Instructionals for further documentation.
Small version for small machines such as 3D printer, small laser cutter, and CNC circuit mill
Simplified Modules - For Use in Modeling
TODO: ADD SHORT IDLER VERSIONS OF EACH
Single x axis: File:D3D Circuit Mill X Axis.fcstd
Single y axis: File:D3D Circuit Mill Y Axis.fcstd
Single z axis: File:D3D Circuit Mill Z Axis.fcstd
Simplified carriage: File:Universal axis carriage side.fcstd. (This one is in the spreadsheet above)
20 Tooth Timing Pulley - FreeCAD - File:20 tooth pulley freecad.fcstd. This is an extruder driver gear, not 20 tooth pulley. See D3D BOM 2 Week BOM for the correct part.
See D3D Extruder
Top extruder Mount - FreeCAD - File:D3D Mini Sub-Assembly Extruder Top Mount.fcstd. STL - File:Miniexthold.stl
Motor Side, short - File:Universal Axis Motor Side short version.fcstd.
Idler Side Axis Full Size - FreeCAD - File:Idler side printed axis half freecad.fcstd. STL - File:Idler side printed axis half freecad.stl.This probably needs to be converted to the file from Manolis Log with a version history?
Frame Extender - FreeCAD by Emmanouil Log - File:D3D Axis Extension.fcstd. STL - File:D3D Axis Extension.stl . Extender does not work well, as it is difficult to make it parallel to frame side.