'I took a quick glance and saw the best modern options were nodeBB, flarum, and Discourse' - . See Flarum
- A quick survey suggests that it's wayy easier to self-host than
Discourse. And they also provide free hosting, so you can get started now (and export your data in the future to self-host, if needed). You might want to check them out:
The main function is to provide a high level of coordination on technical development. As far as publicity - publicity comes from outcomes, not pumping projects up in-process. In-process inspiration can come from OSE Blog posts, OSE Workshops FB Page, OSE Twitter. Concerted coordination on tech development starts with the high-level inspiration as in the OSE TED Talk, and the daily grind based on delivering the high level vision of the yet-undelivered (2023) Promise of Open Hardware.
This is not just a forum. It's a discourse on building the next civilization and solving all pressing world issues - via collaboration as in our Mission. Start with Social Contract, How We Collaborate, and What You Can Do. Also, see Areas of Activity and OSE Crash Course. Developer Crash Course. What Open Collaboration Is and Isn't. Then move on to solving all Pressing World Issues via Movement Entrepreneurship.
- All topics.
- One section is art of possibility, but it's vetted by calculations and Distributed Feasibility. One paragraph summaries of:
- Distributed manufacturing
- Industrial productivity in a small scale
- Open Source Ecology
- OS Microfactory and Industry 4.0
- Materials production. Hydrogen, steel, food, fuel, and concrete in your garage with various appliances.
- Y combinator forum (Hacker News) is background reading.
- Solar thermal house heat with heat pumps and PV. Baseline calc - 7 kw x24 hr= 184 kWhr at Thermal Storage Calculator. 6 totes at 30C delta. Hiring based on background reading, calculations, etc. Numeracy, literacy, Collab design, and CAD crash courses. Apply today to be a Movement Entrepreneur. Anyone can become a movement Entrepreneur. $200k homes as a strat. Materials production at $200k/year $1000/day garage production ops.
- Open Enterprise Development -
- Listing and topgrading top issues, by country , global, and topical. With long term thinking. Example - Outstanding USA Issues
- Only constant is change, so design for update, evolution, upgrade, continuous development, etc, and transparency for involvement of others. Start with Listening to Understand
- Top issues - OSE and world related
- Industrial Inertia Topics - this is a study of the 'way things are' as a way to underscore the importance of OSE work. Across all sectors and institutions. This is how we don't do things - by a deliberate elimination of inefficiencies from first principles design of an ideal system. This is the culture of OSE, which will be manifested in the world's first Network State.
- Required Reading - OSE's fundamentally creative (longtermist, and explain longtermist and approach if there are immediate crises) approach to.solving pressing world issues.
- RR 2 - OSE Whitepaper on Assumptions and therefore Approach, including sequencing and rollout
- Moderation - Thank you. Your feedback is not consistent with our assumptions. Please read our assumptions and approach. If you question our assumptions, please let us know, and we can collaborate on a new approach based on the updates assumptions. We work transparently and are completely open to changing our assumptions if they are faulty.
- Positioning - solving Pressing World Issues, but not with The Best and the Brightest - ie, need real, practical experience, technical skills, and a connection to building real things, not just policies or programs. An interdisciplinary viewpoint for systems thinking, coupled to practice. Not forgetting about nature. In short - Open Source Ecologist perspective.
Same as OSE positioning:
- Learn to design and build anything
- Learn collaborative design
- Learn how to identify and solve pressing world issues.
- Become ethically financially independent
- Solving housing
- Solving water
- Solving food
- Solving education
- Solving energy
- Solving transportation
- Solving the environment
- Constructive approach. We solve for 19 SDGs - as such:
- Open Source Ecology - We solve pressing world issues. 50 machines and 500 modules for reinventing the technosphere.
- Forum has 19 sections. Corresponding to 19 SDGs. P. 622 MJ26. Image embed.
- Solve housing. Solve food. Solve poverty. Solve classism. Solve energy, education healthcare. Equal opportunity. Etc.
- Feedback loops - use Forum plugin for star ratings throughout OSE.
- One section for general discussion. Welcome.
- Development, OSE Chapters, and Extreme Enterprise are the 3 other sections.
- Always link to wiki articles or blog posts. Welcome guest blog posts for seminal contributions.
- Clear governance regarding trolling to eliminate or block any bad behavior and keep forum quality up. Dealing with Trolls. Make this clear to all users. Note that there are 'soliloquoy' tools in forum software. Install this troll plugin.
- Merciless Edit Policy - Edits may happen. the Forum will be managed so that posts deemed not useful, off-track, or otherwise inappropriate will be removed to keep discussion quality high. Zero tolerance for harassment, misinformation, or other foul play.
- Aspirational and development-focused
- 2019 and Earlier Developments - See OSE Forum Log
- OSE Forums - more org info